Chapter 24: vs Palina and Arcanine

On the way, Amy saw majestic flying type Pokemon flying beside them.They landed in the middle of the Fire Dome Sanctum where the Noble Arcanine was sleeping soundly. "Should we wake him up?" Amy asked. "You could if you want to be burned to a crisp.

Us two can battle it out for a while until Arcanine wakes up." Palina answered.

Amy sent out Luxray who was more than happy to fight a Charizard. 

"Charizard do not underestimate your opponent. You too Amy, I may be the weakest Warden out of all ten, but I'm no Bidoof either." Palina said.

"Luxray, use Thunder Fang!" Amy commanded. 

Luxray rushed forward charging up it's Fangs with Electricity, Charizard seeing it flew up in the air but Luxray was quicker biting Charizard's tail. Charizard roared in pain but got back up and blasted Luxray with a Flamethrower.

"Luxray, use Thunderbolt!" Amy yelled. Luxray sent out rays of electricity through it's tail which barely missed Charizard, who was able to get away from Luxray. 

"Charizard, Aerial Ace!" Palina commanded. Charizard swooped down on Luxray dealing some damage. "Luxray, use Swift!" Amy commanded. 

Luxray sent star shaped energy that followed Charizard's path, being slower than the attack Charizard was hit by dozens of Swift attacks causing Charizard to plummet down to the ground. "Charizard, use Flamethrower!" Palina yelled. 

"Counter with Thunderbolt!" Amy commanded. The two Pokemon shot beams of fire and lightning clashing together and eventually exploding. Both Pokemon laid on the ground struggling to get up. 

Amy could tell both Pokemon are on the brink of fainting, do it will only take one attack to finish the battle. All went silent, Amy noticed the Noble Arcanine has already woken up watching the battle occur.

Amy heard a growl, she looked around seeing Luxray had stood up. 

"Luxray, use Thunder Fang!" Amy commanded. Luxray roared charging at Charizard biting it one last time. Arcanine stood up walking towards Luxray ready for a battle.

"Luxray, Use Thunder Fang!" Amy called. 

Luxray pounced towards Arcanine biting it while Arcanine did not react as it's tough fur protected it from harm. Arcanine burst up in flames attacking Luxio in rage. Amy assumed this was the move called Raging Fury. Knowing about this moved Amy recalled as the book said the user of this move will become fixed to this moved like Rollout. Luxray dodged Arcanine's attack.

"Luxray, use Thunderbolt!" Amy commanded. Luxray sent lightning towards Arcanine, who was unfazed by this and attacked back. Luray was hit this time causing it to faint."Dartrix, lets go!" Amy yelled hoping Dartrix could defeat a fire and rock type. Dartrix looked at Arcanine and then back a Amy giving her the 'are you trying to kill me?' look. "Look, Luxray is down. You are the only one that has some sort of chance." Amy explained. Dartrix shook it's head and started to fly. Arcanine charged towards Dartrix who easily dodge the attack. "Leaf Blade!" Amy commandedDartrix swung it's wings which hurt Arcanine who roared. Arcanine also seemed to have broken out of the loop and looked at Dartrix figuring something out. Arcanine pounced up high in the skies and bit Dartrix with Crunch bringing him to the ground. Dartrix struggle to get out of Arcanine's jaw as the canine bit harder. 

Amy was losing hope when Dartrix glowed evolving into Decidueye. Dartrix's hair feathers expanded into a cone like shape and it's wing grew a little shorter, it also grew sharp talons with it's coloring becoming red and orange. Dartrix had evolved into Hisuian Decidueye. 

Amy's Arc Phone Rang, "Thou Decidueye has learned Triple Arrows. Use thou new move wisely." Amy smiled as a fighting move is just what she needed. 

"Decidueye, use Triple Arrows!" Amy commanded. Decidueye shot arrows at Arcanine who in pain let loose of Decidueye, allowing it to fly back into the air. 

Though Decidueye could only fly a little higher than a Archen, it was a good trade for an type advantage. Arcanine roared causing the groundto shake, Amy realised this was a Rock Slide attack. Decidueye did not worry however and just flew closer to the center.

Dartrix then continuously shot Triple Arrows at Arcanine overwhelming it with attacks. Eventually Arcanine collapsed.