Chapter Sixteen

Leila

He did make it up to me. After picking me up from the bar the next night, he stopped by the supermarket where we walked together and bought snacks and drinks. He let me buy whatever I wanted and after paying for everything, we headed back to his place.

While I unloaded the groceries, he began preparing the homemade dinner he was going to make for the both of us. Steak, mashed potatoes, and oven-roasted vegetables. He insisted he didn't need any help but told me to stay close and watch him.

After placing the last item in the fridge, I poured us two drinks and sat on the counter as I watched this man cook us dinner. He was in slacks, his white button-up shirt sleeves rolled up with his black apron on.

Aden was exceedingly handsome, and I think anyone that caught a glimpse of him saw just that. His looks, his quietness, and maybe even his brains, but no one would ever know Aden like me. We were us and no one could ever have the parts we shared with each other. They were private and locked up tight.

I loved having this closeness, this life and bubble we created and formed together. His hair was left unstyled and I enjoyed the look of the disheveled curls. Aden always kept them styled, brushed back, and maintained, but when it was just us he left them like this. It was hot. Made him hotter.

I toyed with the neck of the wine glass in my hand as he moved around the kitchen, tasting, seasoning, and even though it wasn't Aden's first-time cooking for me, it was just as special. I saw him reach for two plates and then pull out the vegetables from the oven.

He was so focused, so intent on paying close attention to every detail and tasting along the way that I just wanted to fast-forward this part and go straight to dessert. We haven't had sex yet, but being intimate with this man was unlike anything I'd ever felt and witnessed before.

Aden was quiet and reserved, yet he had the dirtiest mouth. The utter filth that comes out of his mouth was always quick to get me worked up, hot, bothered, and wet. I liked this part of him because it was mine.

I knew no one else ever got to hear him like this because as long as everyone was concerned, Aden hated talking. He set the two plates and my mouth watered at the smells invading my senses. It smelled amazing. I hopped off the counter and followed him to the dining table.

He set our plates down and then helped me sit in my chair before heading back to grab and refill our wine. He came back and sat right next to me.

"Dig in," He smiled as he reached for his fork and knife.

"Thank you for cooking," I leaned over and kissed his lips softly before grabbing my own utensils.

The steak was perfectly seared, cooked, and seasoned. The mashed potatoes were buttery and smooth. The vegetables were perfectly roasted and salted.

"Delicious." I complimented.

He grinned knowingly. "I told you I knew how to cook,"

We ate in comfortable silence, never forcing a conversation and not getting upset that there wasn't any. The food was so good, and I had to pace myself before I got a tummyache. I was eating too fast, but it was delicious, and I didn't have a good lunch at work.

After clearing the table, I helped him clean the kitchen and he left to turn on his record player. An old vintage one his parents bought him for his birthday a few years ago.

He put on some soft music and returned to pull me away from the dishes. He removed my gloves and apron and held me in his arms.

"We'll clean later. For now, just dance with me." He murmured, his hand holding mine to his chest as he swayed us to the soft beat of the music.