Chapter 1: Chance

Kwon Boram's POV

I stood frozen with slightly widened eyes, startled, as I gazed upon the eyes of someone that I never wanted to see again.

I was in disbelief, yet at the same time, the variety of emotions that I felt for him came back in an instant. These emotions began to swirl in my chest, I didn't specifically know what I feel after seeing him aside from being surprised.

Am I angry? Am I sad?

Why is my heart beating so rapidly?

"Jin?" I also didn't know how to react.

What is he doing here?

"Boram." He timidly smiled. But then I remembered my phone ringing, so I answered the caller, Daisy.

[Hey, girl, I'm sorry, but we must go home. I need to take two of my friends home because they're already wasted. Is that okay with you, or do you want to stay longer?]

"No, it's fine. I'm going. I'm on my way back." I ended the call and looked back at him.

"It's been a while," he said, but I began feeling upset over him. I don't want to deal with him right now. I could feel the anger in me rapidly running through my veins.

"Yeah, it's been a while, but I'm sorry, I have to go." I faked a smile at him and walked away from him, going back to the table as fast as I could.

I sighed, speeding the steps of my feet away from him and hoping that he isn't following me.

Why, is he going to follow you? He didn't follow you that night, remember? My subconscious reminded and I bitterly smirked at that then scoffed.

True, why did I even think of that?

But then, my arm was pulled by someone and I was so ready to slap whoever that person was. However, I stopped my hand from moving any further after seeing Jin softly looking at me.

He followed me.

"Boram, can we please talk?"

Talk? I laughed sarcastically as I took my arm out of his grip.

"There's nothing we need to talk about, Jin. I get it. I was just assuming and fragile for thinking that you were probably seeing me more as just your fuck toy, yet at the end of the day, that's not really the case." I was about to turn around and walk away, but he held my hand, making me stop and look down at our hands.

"That's why we need to talk. Boram, please? I will explain to you as much as I can, just please talk with me."

"Explain what? Explain to me how fucked up you are for leading me on and then suddenly pushing me away and placing boundaries?" I took a deep breath to think as he answered me with a nod.

I wasn't expecting him to be in front of me right now and telling me that he wants to talk about what happened after he kept my questions unanswered before.

However, I deserve to hear his explanation, right? No matter how unreasonable it may be, I deserve to know why he played with me now that he's giving me the opportunity to know.

I took my hand back from him. I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded. "Okay, let's talk."

"Thank you. How did you come here? Can we talk to a nearby coffee shop? It's kind of loud here."

"I came here with Daisy, and sure, we can talk in another place."

"Great. Uhm, let's go?"

I only nodded. I followed him outside as we searched for his car and texted Daisy of my whereabouts so as to not worry her.