Chapter 12: Daddy's Princess

Kwon Boram's POV

"This would look cute on her!" I excitedly said and grabbed a pink dinosaur onesie that was hanging on one of the racks in the store.

My mom, Sagwa, and I are currently shopping for some clothes and things for my niece as Sagwa's due is getting nearer. We're preparing to welcome Eunhye, starting with buying the necessities first which are her clothes, baby bottles, her crib, and if our money allows us, maybe some toys too.

"Awww, that's so cute! How much is it?" Sagwa excitedly said. We both looked for the tag and frowned after seeing the price.

"It's not practical." Sagwa sighed.

"I'll take it. It'll be my gift for Eunhye," a familiar voice said and it came from beside me, on my other side. We looked at the person and I was surprised to see Soobin.

"What are you doing here?" I was happy to see him. I really didn't have the guts to talk to him and that's why seeing him now made me really happy.

"I was grabbing some things for my nephew then I saw you guys here." He smiled, then he took the dino onesie from me. "I'll take it and pay for it as my gift to Eunhye."

"You don't have"

Sagwa cuts me off. "Really? That's so nice of you. Thank you so much!"

Soobin smiled wider at my sister. "Of course."

"Oh, do you want to come with us around? You have a nephew so maybe you can help us with some things too," I offered.

"Sure. Shopping for baby things is really fun so I can't say no."

He came with us as we walked further around the store to find things that Eunhye needs. Mom and Sagwa were walking ahead of us while Soobin and I walked side by side.

"You've been inactive since winter break started," I said while watching feet alternate and press on the ground as we walked.

"My family has been busy preparing for the holidays, that's why. We're planning to fly to the US."

I looked at him and caught Soobin teasingly smiling at me. "Why, did you miss me?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes. "As if!"

We chuckled.

"Do you have any plans now aside from finding a part-time again?" He asked me.

"Actually, I'm planning not to find another job anymore. But Jin promised me he'll take me ice skiing."

"That's great." He took a deep exhale.

A few hours in and we already have a few clothes, baby bottles, and a bag for Eunhye's essentials. We decided to find her a perfect stroller and crib to finish our shop but the price of those made me gasp.

I have saved money for this, but I wasn't expecting strollers and cribs to be this expensive. It's either we buy the crib or stroller but we can't afford to get both at the same time right now.

"It's too much," Sagwa sadly said while looking at the price of the stroller that she adored.

I sighed. As much as I want my sister and my first niece to enjoy, our money just won't really allow us to.

"How much is it?" Soobin asked and looked over at the tag which was being held by Sagwa.

"I'll take it as a gift for her too," he said nonchalantly and once again smiled at Sagwa.

"Soobin, no. That's too much," My mom disagreed and I couldn't agree more with her.

"It's fine, Eomeoni. It's for Eunhye and her safety and comfort anyway," Soobin kindly said.