Christmas Special Chapter

Writer's Note:
This was supposedly going to be published on Dec. 25 here in my country's time but I got busy so I wasn't able to finish the chapter to date. Still, I hope you guys enjoy and happy holiday!

~~~

Christmas Special Chapter: Unwrap Your Gift

"It's Christmas tomorrow," Boram told Jin while she mixed the cake batter that her family was making for tomorrow's occasion.

Jin is in the office but Boram couldn't come to him today because of the snowstorm and because they're busy making cakes and cupcakes that they will be giving to their friends and loved ones.

"Who cares? It's just another working day for me honestly." His answer made her sad.

"But it's still a holiday tomorrow. Why are you working?"

"I don't really have people here with me to celebrate since my father died. Also, we only ate dinner out before because he also still worked in his home office before. It would also be such a hassle to come to my grandparents in the province for just a day so I just used Christmas like a normal day except that I work from home to read papers and do stuff instead."

"But you have me now," she told him sadly. Then, there was silence on the other line. Boram placed the mixed batter down and readjusted her phone that was resting between her ear and shoulders because it was beginning to slide down.

"Would you like to come here for dinner and celebrate with us?" She asked, breaking the silence between them.

Jin on the other hand stood up from his chair and faced the big glass wall, watching the snow fall as the sun sets. He couldn't help but smile because no one has ever really asked him to come and celebrate Christmas with them, and for the first time in a while, he felt warmth and welcomed this holiday.

"How about lunch then your mine for dinner?" He proposed.

Boram chuckled at his proposal but she agreed anyway. "Sure. What food would you like to have so we could cook it for you?"

"Whatever you will be preparing is fine with me. Should I bring a cake?"

"No need. We're actually baking cakes right now and we will be giving them to people as presents tomorrow."

"Oh. Well, is there anything you'd like me to bring? Perhaps any food or dessert?"

Boram shook her head even if Jin won't be able to see her. "Just bring yourself here to our house."

Jin smiled wider. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then."

After the call, he immediately went back to work. He felt energized to the point that he was able to finish the few tasks that he had planned on doing tomorrow by the end of the night, although staying a bit late in his office.

Arriving home, he was welcomed by emptiness and a note from Chaewon ahjumma that she had already left the house to spend Christmas with her family per usual. Usually, that being alone the night before Christmas saddened him but now that he has something to look forward to tomorrow, he was still excited after reading Chaewon's note.

He went to bed immediately after changing his clothes and went to sleep, looking forward to the sun rising for another day.

Feeling recharged and energized, Jin woke up to the singing of birds and the beautiful sunshine that made it seem as if it was summer if not for the layers of snow that covers the ground.

He woke up quite earlier than he does when he does not need to go to work and excitedly, he showered and changed his clothes to go to Boram's house even if it was still too early for lunch.