Final Chapter

Kwon Boram's POV

I've earned it; The life that I have always dreamt of and the justice that I once cried about during those dreary nights. It was only in my dreams and imaginations that I could be where my life is at the moment a year back, but that posted paper along the streets had turned my life and changed it for the better.

I'm at peace, and this time, I know that the wound within me has now healed into a scar. Although not perfect, that scar is a reminder of how I am capable of overcoming the hardships that have almost taken me away from myself.

At last, the person who took my life away is now finally paying for what she has done.

But I won't let that also take away the happiness that I never knew I'd meet and attain from a man named Kim Seokjin.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, breaking the strangling and burdening silence surrounding us. It was suffocating that I almost could vomit to relieve the non-existing blockage along my airway.

He sighed but did not even answer me. His eyes were uneasy, brows furrowed and shoulder muscles tensed, and the comfort that he once had felt with me seemed to be nowhere at the moment all of a sudden.

Now that I have found justice for my father, I cannot seem to be completely happy just yet. Not when my man is suffering and partly because of me too.

"You know, even if I'm burning in anger because of your grandma, I still feel bad," I told him honestly. "I'm sorry because I had to take a loved one away from you." Was I even saying the right words? I couldn't tell anymore. But I just want him to feel that when he suffers, my heart suffers with him.

The speed of his car hastened as he gripped onto the steering wheel. He wasn't talking nor was he even sparing me a glance and my heart was hurting because of that. I don't even know where this situation will lead us now.

Does he hate me for what happened? But I know he isn't that shallow to think that way.

I wanted his words, but I was too scared to talk more. I'm afraid that at any moment, he might erupt and find me annoying. He already had a lot in mind and a lot of burdens in his heart. I used to be the one to ease them, but now, I think I'm part of what's causing his pain.

When we arrived in front of my house, I heard him sigh heavily. Still, he wasn't even sparing me a split second of a glance.

"I think we should give each other some space," he said as I was about to reach the handle of the door.

I was taken aback. "W-what?"

He took a deep inhale and looked at me with those red and swollen eyes. I knew from then that he was trying to suppress a cry. His eyes were so sad and broken and lost I swear I heard my heart break when I saw his agonizing soul from them.

"I need space, Boram."

"But, Loveㅡ"

"I just," then, he finally broke down in front of me. Tears fell down his eyes as he firmly closed them. "I just don't want to look at you right now because I feel sick when I look at you. Looking at you makes me feel like I should be ashamed to do so when I bear the name and blood of the woman who killed your father."

"Jin, no." I shook my head. My hands reached his face and I caressed his cheek. With him, I cried as well. "I love you." I couldn't find the right words to tell him.

"I know, Boram." He sobbed, and then he held my hands with his. "I just need space to breathe, yeah? I just need to think... to have my own realizations and reflections of the things that have happened to me, to us."