Chapter 22: Wounds and Scars

Kwon Boram's POV

"Love?!" I called him as I made my way towards the dining room. He told me to come over because he cooked something and he wanted me to have a taste since he hasn't cooked for me that much.

Who am I to refuse free food especially when the love of my life cooked it?

However, my excitement withdrew the moment that I saw the old woman who was placing down a bowl of rice on the table.

I would be happier to see Ahjumma than her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me the moment that her eyes landed on me.

"I'm here because your grandson told me to come. Why are you here?" I asked, trying to still be as polite as I can be.

I still haven't forgotten about how she degraded me and told me I am no good for her grandson without even knowing me.

She huffed a breath and rolled her eyes as if my question was as offensive as her accusing me of being a gold digger.

"Well, this is my grandson's place. Why can't I be here?" She was about to speak again, and judging by how she looked at me, I am assuming that what was about to come out of her mouth was another insult to me but Seokjin already came onto the scene, carrying with him the plate of the Spicy Octopus Stir Fry that he told me that he would be cooking tonight along with japchae since he was craving for them.

"Hi, love. How long have you been here?" He asked, placing the plate of the stir fry down on the table.

"Oh, I just got here. You didn't tell me your grandma will be joining us," I told him and I caught his grandma raising a brow at me. I did the same thing at her for a second then looked back at Jin.

"I wasn't expecting her visit too. She just arrived before you came. Good thing I made a lot of food."

I nodded.

I haven't told Jin yet about what his grandmother did to me before but if she does that again, I'm going to tell her to his grandson and I won't care anymore if that's going to taint her relationship with him.

It's not my fault she sees people who aren't wealthy as bad people even if I did not do any harm to anyone of them and that her attitude is so bad for someone who brags about her wealth that wasn't able to give her proper education regarding right conduct, manners, and respect.

"Love, can you come with me to the kitchen real quick," he said and proceeded his way while I followed along.

"I know what my grandmother did to you," he began, taking me aback as I stood beside him who is now leaning against the countertop.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Did I tell him something but don't remember?

"Jennie told me what happened back then and I'm sorry for what she's done to you."

"Jennie?" I was surprised. I don't recall seeing her in the scene.

He nodded. "She overheard you and grandma."

"Why are you just telling me this now?"

"Is that the real question? Shouldn't I be the one asking you why you hid it from me?" He asked back.

I sighed and looked at my feet on the ground. "I'm sorry. I just didn't want to taint your relationship with her. I wouldn't want to be the reason why you'll be far from your family."

He sighed. "I understand." He looked at me for a moment before telling me to come near him. Then, he wrapped me in his arms. "I already talked to her about it too but I don't think I made any sense to her." He chuckled. "But what she thinks doesn't matter."