Chapter 17: Revelation

Boram:
The money is in my bedside drawer in a brown envelope. That's already the exact amount to give.
I'll be home in a few minutes.

Missus Kwon placed her phone back inside the pocket of her pajama and went inside her daughter's room to get the payment for her parcel. She bent her back, pulled out the first drawer of the bedside table, and found a big brown envelope on it. Without any further thoughts aside from her daughter's instruction, she took the said object and opened it, only to find papers inside. She saw her daughter's name on it along with Seokjin's and their signatures instead of finding the money.

She was curious what it was, though she thought it might just be their contract before as employer and employee, hence, leaving it back in its proper place and finding another envelope. She did find a smaller brown envelope. She opened it and finally found the money inside so she took it and proceeded outside to receive and pay for the package for Boram. Then, she went back to her room to put the package there.

Somehow, there was as if a force that kept on pushing her to read what was inside the other brown envelope that she saw. It was as if the air was whispering to her that inside, it was something worth reading. So, with that, she gave in to the push of force and went ahead to get the envelope.

Upon pulling out all of the papers, she found the evident name and signatures of both parties. She immediately scanned the first sheet, and could not believe what she found.

"Sugar Contract?" She muttered, thoroughly scanning through the pages that got too sexual and kinky with each flip. She was in shock but she was also beginning to feel mad about it. She was in disbelief and she is disappointed in both her daughter and the man she had considered like her child. She felt betrayed especially with the fact that she trusted Jin because she taught he was just a kind, compassionate, and generous person that helped her and their family.

But she was wrong.

He helped her because he had Boram in exchange.

The neatness of the pieces of paper was only now history as they become crumpled with the balling and tightening fists of the woman that is slowly beginning to feel rage in her heart. Her tears that formed around the corners of her eyes fell, and it was as if she heard her heart crack then shatter as she read what the contract was about again and when she looked at the signatures of both parties against the crisp white paper.

She was disheartened, disappointed, and in disbelief, and she felt betrayed.

Boram used herself in exchange for Jin's wealth.

Kwon Boram's POV

The car pulled over in front of my house. With a sigh, Jin pushed the handbrake down and then looked at me as if the both of us will part ways and be a thousand miles apart.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

He sighed and looked at me more. "I wanna spend more time with you."

"Then you shouldn't have brought me home yet."

He bit his lip and looked ahead of him. "No, I mean, I wanna like ㅡ uhm ㅡ be with you almost 24/7, wake up and sleep with you on my side, have breakfast and dinner with you. Something like that."

My brows attempted to knit together and I looked at him with a smirk on my lips. I crossed my arms and asked him, "Are you asking me to move in with you?"

He licked his lips and lowered his head. His ears began to turn scarlet, and I figured I caught exactly what he was trying to tell me.

He then nodded and shyly looked at me. "If you want to. I mean, maybe I'm going too fast but that's just what I'm thinking. It's still up to you."