Chapter 24: Wish

Kwon Boram's POV

It's finally summer break again, and similar to last year, I am outside of the house again to look for a part-time job that would help me save up for my education. It would be easier this time because Eomma is no longer in therapy and because I still have savings from my sugar money from Jin. I also have some after selling his expensive gifts when I ended our relationship back then.

A lot has happened to me within a year. Suddenly, all memories of it flashbacked to my mind while I rested by the bus stop to wait for the next ride, and a small smile formed on my lips.

It was a year filled with emotions, from sadness to happiness to sadness to happiness again. Boram from exactly a year ago would have never imagined where her life is at the moment. She would have never thought that she'll meet a handsome employer that will become her sugar daddy and now her boyfriend. She would have never thought that she didn't actually stop studying for her mom to get treated using her remaining college funds.

Kim Seokjin, the man who changed my life. It was because of him that's why I am where I am today.

My phone vibrated on my hand, indicating a notification from something I have received. I opened it and found his message, so I immediately replied.

I waited for him at the bus stop, letting the ride that had just arrived pass by. Soon enough, he was already in front, and I immediately got inside to escape the scorching summer heat outside.

Jin is dressed in simple denim jeans, and a short-sleeved black button-up shirt, and his hair is not styled like his usual up-do that shows his forehead, then he wore a silver Rolex watch on his wrist.

"Not busy today?" I asked.

"Mmm-hmmm. I finished everything I needed to do this week last night."

"What? Why?"

He shrugged. "Just because. So, have you found a new job?" He changed the topic.

I shook my head. "Haven't found any hirings since yesterday."

"I am hiring." He swiftly took a turn, steering the wheel with only using one hand. "I am open for a sugar baby," he continued, giving me a glance and a wink.

I slapped his shoulder playfully as I laughed. "You're so silly."

We arrived at the hospital and went straight to his mother's room on the suite floor. He knocked first before entering and there was Jisoo who sat beside her mother while an old man was on another side and feeding his mom.

She looked so thin and frail, and her eyes were no longer alive as she gazed at nowhere with her slightly gaped mouth that barely received the food that the man was feeding her.

My heart was crushed at the sight. I am aware of her condition, but I never imagined it to be this way. My heart pains for my lover who had barely spent time with her and now that he is able to, this is already her state.

Jin held my hand tighter, making me look at him. I found him staring at his mother, his face flushing as his eyes sparkled from the tears that were forming in the corners of his eyes. I knew he wanted to cry, but he was fighting it.

"Hi," I greeted Jisoo who gave me a timid smile and a nod.

"It's nice seeing you again, Boram."

Jin cleared his throat and took us further inside the room. We stood by the edge of his mother's bed.

"This is Jisoo's dad. Uncle, this is my girlfriend, Boram," he introduced me to the man that was feeding his mom.

I greeted him, bowing politely. He smiled at me and nodded. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you," he said, then continued to feed his wife the last spoon of her meal.