𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 - 𝐼

"So... what you're trying to say is, that you fell here... from another world?"

"And when you wanted to leave and go on to the next world.... your path was blocked by some unknown god?"

The memories were unclear, but this particular one was not.

Fiery red portals, the shape of diamonds spewed electricity as a deity began to step out from within those glaring depths.

"Outlanders, your journey ends here" a commanding voice, devoid of any humane emotions came from the lips of that deity. Her hair, lustrous like the moon's rays flowed behind her, acting as some sort of flowing crown.

It was her eyes that were permanently scorched in the traveler's mind. Eyes burning with intense hatred and yet held within them, an air of superiority. Eyes that glowed as bright as fire, golden as they narrowed down ominously at the two beings in front of her.

"Who are you?" the one dressed in white asked, her being fully on guard considering the aura the deity had.

"The sustainer of heavenly principles, the arrogation of mankind ends now"

In the palm of her hand glowed a red cube, the same color as that of that wretched portal. It was an omen... an omen for an attack.

Sensing a disturbance in the ground, the two travelers, who looked to be twins, jumped off of the platform, sprouting majestic wings that seemed to be made of pure light. Summoning their weapons, the two readied themselves for a certain fight.

Columns of those reddish black blocks hurtled straight towards the two. The twins did have excellent coordination however, and skillfully split up, maneuvering behind white pillars with their wings as they changed the course of the attack.

They zoomed towards the sustainer, their swords out as they commenced their own attack.

The result was comparable to that of the destruction of a star. A massive collision, that shook the very white pillars that held up the sky. The explosion should have been enough to instantly and easily kill any god, but the twin dressed in white stared in shock at the lazy defense of the sustainer.

Giving an unsatisfied and impatient hum, the deity captured her sword, causing the twin to rapidly retreat before the blocks could consume her.

"Aether!!" the younger one screamed, trying to give the older one a warning.

Unfortunately, her brother wasn't as fast as she had hoped he would be, and quickly got consumed by the power that he had intended to dodge.

The cubes that encased her loved one fused, forming a sphere of pure gold that was the exact shade of the sustainer's eyes. The woman stared down at the sphere in quiet satisfaction, as if she just hadn't manipulated space and captured the only one the other twin could call her family.

The traveler, however, wasn't one to back down without a fight.

Moving swiftly, she circled behind the Sustainer of Heavenly principles, brilliant yellow light enveloping her arm, acting as a replica of the weapon she had lost.

Drawing in a deep breath, she slammed her hand against the deity's neck, the force enough to cause a shockwave bigger than the previous one she had been responsible for. The smoke blinded her gaze, and she waited for just one moment to see if she had been successful.

That moment was enough for the Sustainer.

The woman with the golden eyes manipulated the surrounding energy, sucking out the girl's powers. The traveler's hand shook, as she desperately tried to free herself from the block made of this unknown god's power.

"Wait!! Don't go!! Give my brother back!!" Yelled the one who lost her family, as she too got consumed by those offensive reddish black blocks.

Her last memory of that incident was just blackness.

"And just like that, the god took away my brother. Some kind of seal was cast upon me, and i lost my power. So whilst we used to cross world after world, we are now trapped here"

And a burning desire to get her twin back.

"How many years ago was it? I don't know..."

"But i intend to find out"

"After i awoke, i was all alone - up until i met you two months ago"

After all, she was no longer alone. She had a travel companion, even if the companion was someone as-

"Yeah, Paimon really owes you for that, otherwise Paimon likely would have drowned. So Paimon will do her best to be a great guide!!"

-obnoxiously loud and small like Paimon. But then again, the traveler thought her to be the perfect friend and companion. Who knows how long she had been without having contact with the external world.

The blonde-haired girl smiled at the thought of finally setting out to find her brother.

"We should head out!! Let's get going!!" Paimon floated away, beckoning her to follow the child.

And who knows?

Maybe Lumine would come across someone who's situation wasn't quite that different from her own.

Maybe she would find someone who also wanted to search for their home.