𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖: 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐭𝐞

Mondstadt, the City of Freedom, home to the Anemo Archon, the city of wind, freedom, wind and song. It was the land where art flowed as fast as the wind, where poetry paved its way through the streets like water did in a stream and where wine poured like rain did on parched earth. Divyasree reckoned that its gentle atmosphere was the sole reason for the peace and light-hearted nature of its citizens.

Though her mind specifically, wasn't exactly 'peaceful' right now. She unfortunately had the habit of worrying over everything, especially if she were not doing anything. Right now, she was not doing anything.

It was a beautiful recipe for overthinking.

The outskirts of Wolvendom however, proved to somehow distract her. It was truly nature in its purest form. Vines swirled around trees, with moss growing on damp, rugged stones. Dry leaves nestled on the ground, left to decay. The smell of moist earth and swaying green leaves filled her lungs, cleansing her mind and body of any negative energy. It almost felt as though the smokey barrier of elemental energy was thinning, letting her feel how wonderful the air truly felt.

It looks like even though its a different world, the smells of nature never change...

I love this so much!

Lumine had one last commission in this place, before the two would set off towards Liyue. The Rite of Descension would occur soon, and Venti made no mention of how soon it would be.

I can't believe it's only been five days since I fell here....

I can't believe the first Mondstadt Arc has already been completed....

Somehow, it feels like I spent a month here rather than a mere five days....

But things will only go downhill from here. Seeing as the butterfly effect is already in place, I don't think I should put in so much effort to keep to the storyline.

I should just use it to prevent the three of us from getting too hurt...

In Liyue, we would meet Childe and Signora... I hope Signora won't recognise Lumine and I, but i know there is no way she won't recognise her.

"We're back!! This is Wolvendom. People from Mondstadt hardly come here anymore..." Paimon announced, and the brunette broke out of her thoughts to turn and see Paimon and Lumine approaching.

The sound of slushing water was heard. Divya's eyes widened at the size of the slimes that were approaching. As fast as the wind, Lumine pushed the brunette behind her, and immediately jumped in.

Her fighting style fascinated the brunette. Given that she couldn't exactly 'switch' between characters, her own unique fighting styles was a lot more visible. The blonde took a more upward stance, her blade work always ending with slashes upward, rather than side-ways or downward. It was as if she were making room for someone else to slash downwards every time she attacked.

It's probably a habit she developed whilst training with her brother

Despite this, she had more than enough power to hold her own against them.

Honestly? Those slimes might as well have looked the other direction the moment the blonde attacked. She was quick, and frankly, quite brutal. If her bladework didn't work, she would use the power of anemo, the wind dealing quicker and deeper damage than what was visible in the game.

"Um- guys?" The brunette called out, staring in shock at the slime that was approaching behind her.

The nineteen-year-old turned and gaped.