𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒 - 𝐼𝐼

The sun had long been put to sleep over the city. The school buildings were no exception. All except a few lights had been switched off, plunging the entire block into darkness. The only thing that lit the path of the group of 35 was the lights from the main road. 

That didn't bother the group. 

Oh no, they actually much preferred it this way, especially after they just walked out of the examination hall. It took a lot of willpower for them to not bolt through the blocks and towards the reception, where their parents or guardians awaited.

"OH MY GOD FINALLY WE'RE DONE!!" one of the girls exclaimed, stretching their arms to relieve the soreness in them.

"I know right?  Like.... 3 and a half hours of exams? That too one like Physics? Man, I'm surprised even the teachers didn't just dose off right there" Another one said, laughing at the thought of their most strict teacher falling asleep.

"The paper was fun though-" One of the guys tried to protest. The keyword being 'tried'. 

"You shut the hell up-"

"Okay let's calm down, its literally 6:00 PM. Let's just go home and relax, okay? We are halfway done so chill" A shorter girl tried to calm her taller, more pissed-off friend. 

"Do any of you need an Uber?"  the same guy asked, diverting the conversation to acknowledge his frenemy's not-so-very-good mood.

"Nope. Our parents are probably already at the reception to pick us-" Just as the girl tried to finish her sentence, a loud crackle resonated within the sky. The mildly annoyed girl from earlier jumped at the sound, before flinching as lightning cut across the sky. 

"-up"

.....

"YESSSS ITS RAININGGGGG" Ignoring the fact that the entire group was going to get wet, the tallest of the group bounded out of the block into the pathway that led them to their destination.

Why were they so happy it had begun raining you might ask? There was one simple answer to that question.

They lived in Chennai, the coastal city of Tamil Nadu.

Any sort of storm in that place was a welcome blessing from the gods. 

"About time it rained. Its literally November" the annoyed girl said, throwing her hands up in frustration

"Eyy chill out darling" Her friend said, once again.

She wasn't usually irritated, so everyone didn't mind it too much. As long as she didn't start scratching them like she did that one time a guy from the group deleted her digital artwork- Ahem

Either way, none of them were in a rush to get out of the rain. That urge to return to their parents? It vanished the moment the cool water touched their skin.

What should have been a two-minute walk turned out to be ten minutes. Their uniform was soaked through, their bags thoroughly wet. 

Did they care? No, they didn't 

Besides it was their final twelfth grade board examination. They weren't going to use the notes in the bags again anyway after they got to college.... mostly.

One of the guys pushed open the door, the air conditioner hitting them instantly. Almost all of them shivered, their teeth chattering mildly at the cold.

"An AC in the rain.... really they've gone nuts-" A short guy muttered.

Not able to stand in the cold any longer, the irritated girl briskly walked up to her mother, before holding her hand and trying to disappear into her side. 

"How was the exam?' The middle-aged parent asked, patting her daughter's head. If it had been an anime, flowers would have appeared on the girl's side as her irritation melted away at the affectionate touch.

"It wasn't too bad. I was able to get back to the questions i skipped earlier" the brown-haired student said softly, rubbing her cheek against her mother's palm to try and get some warmth.

"That's good. Shall we go pick up Appa?" The woman asked, and the tired teen nodded.

Bidding farewell to her friends, the two opened up umbrellas and walked out into the rain to their car to go pick up the girl's father.

Divyasree sighed as her mother closed the door, telling the driver the directions to her father's workplace. The girl was too tired to care about anything but her family, and soon drifted off to a sweet slumber under the influence of her parent's affectionate touch.