𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐨

Blood. There was blood slowly pooling under the still body, drenching the fur and paws of the grey animal. Soft whines escaped its mouth, as the wolf suffered in pain. Divya fought the urge to avert her eyes or close her ears. The sound of the poor pup's pain was overwhelming her.  Razor pulled the pup closer to him, his hands shaking slightly as he checked the pup's pulse. The boy let out a shaky breath, before hugging the wolf a little tighter and screwing his eyes shut. 

Family...This truly is a family...

His family...

Divya slowly approached him, kneeling down and looking at the animal with sorrowful eyes.

"I'm sorry, we weren't fast enough. Do you know how to heal this little guy?" She asked him. 

He fervently nodded. "I take lupical further in. Follow me, maybe you see, Guardian of this land" he said in a jumbled rush. 

Before Amber could stop him, he picked up the injured animal before sprinting deeper into the forest. 

"-But the questions..." she trailed off, pouting slightly.

"Let's go, we have to catch up to him" said a suddenly very determined Divya. Lumine nodded, and the two began to sprint behind him, leaving a very confused Outrider behind who yelled at them to wait up.

 Lumine nodded, and the two began to sprint behind him, leaving a very confused Outrider behind who yelled at them to wait up

"Wolfhook seeds? I have them here" Lumine produced the seeds in front of everyone. As quick as lightning, Razor snatched them from the blonde woman and began to crush them above the wound. 

"Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be a deep wound, however this does mean that those men reached this pup quite a while ago" Divya observed, kneeling down and facing the boy as he let the liquid drip down into the bleeding gash. 

Soft whimpers escaped the wolf, the liquid initially hurting its very sensitive skin. Against her logical cognitive skills, the brunette reached out and gently caressed the wolf between its ears. Its fur was coarse, yet somehow still brought her a strange sense of comfort. 

Razor watched in child-like wonder at the way she treated his lupical as her own. She was gentle towards the animal, her body language and voice conveying nothing but care. 

Lumine, Amber and Paimon themselves watched in awe at the sight. The wolf's whimpers were still heard, but it had started to move its head slightly. The pup bobbed its head to press its ears further into her palm. 

I don't think any wild animal would let just any person touch them.... were Amber's thoughts.

As expected of Divya!! Always kind and gentle!!  thought Lumine

Hmph...!! Paimon wants hugs now!! 

"It's him!! The one who was raised by wolves!!" A male voice screeched. 

The brunette's good mood was broken, and she turned to face the hunters in annoyance.

"Did no one tell you it was rude to point fingers? Where are your manners?" She questioned, causing the two men to gasp in outrage. Huffing and puffing like five-year-olds, they ignored her and idiotically pointed fingers at the now wary boy.