𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐀 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

"There's no way hilichurls organized an ambush like this themselves - not with their limited mental capacity..."

Although cold, Divyashree had already expected the following events, so she backed away into a corner and let Kaeya continue his one-sided conversation with the Abyss Mage.

"Thus, YOU were behind this" he concluded, watching the mage approach him from behind the pillar.

"Gohus, Chiso Vonph!!" the somehow funny-looking creature chanted.

That mask looks like the one doctors used to wear in the 1800s during plagues the brunette realized in amusement, feeling the urge to giggle despite the chillness that had spread throughout the room. However, she quickly quelled the urge when she remembered what was about to transpire.

Three...

Kaeya's hand went to his waist as he began to once again summon his sword.

Two...

A cryo mandala-like design appeared beneath the Abyss Mage. 

One...

Tendrils of fire shot towards the poor creature from the entrance, growing larger and stronger as another person emerged from its depths. She couldn't see very well through the plumes of smoke and embers, but she could tell that the being had grabbed the mage by the face and hurled it across the room. 

She flinched at the sudden tension in the room when the knight made eye-contact with the person, now identifiable as a man. 

A huge claymore materialized in this new person's hand and coils of fire erupted from it. In one swift motion, the man had smashed the staff of the Abyss mage and knocked it out with his weapon in mid-air.

The teen recoiled at the sight of a deep red liquid lining the edge of the claymore.

Blood... she thought in slight horror.

She didn't know why she felt fear, nor did she know why her fingers began to tremble. The Abyss Mages were living just like everything else that breathed, so they too would have the liquid essential for most life forms. As someone who wanted to pursue Biology as a future career option, she knew that.

So why.... why was she so terrified? Why did she stumble a little when she began to back away?

What was she terrified of? 

Was it because Divyasree never saw any blood in the game?

No.... the blood- its- its-

The blood was acting as another reminder that all of this was real... 

Another wake up call

The moment the person touched the ground, she snapped back to the present moment and was able to observe his now distinguishable features. The man was as at least as tall as Kaeya and had his flaming red hair tied in a low ponytail. It looked soft, yet wild and untamed, like the heat of fire itself. He wore a black dress-shirt, with a white vest and a long, brown coat. He wore black pants and black gloves, with long boots. As he tilted his head towards Kaeya, she could see a glimpse of his bright, burning red eyes.

"Knights of Favonius... always so inefficient" his voice was deep yet held the sophistication she had expected from him as a noble. It sounded a bit like his Japanese voice actor if she had to be really honest.

Said knight began to clap sarcastically as he turned to face the one who once considered him a dear brother.

"Agree to disagree. But your involvement in this just made things a whole lot more interesting"