𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝

Wind brushed against her, but this time it was peaceful. Affectionate. Caring. Like a friend and a brother, like a mother and a father. It felt like home.

"Ah!! Dvalin!! Another question about the mysterious ways of mortals, I suppose?!" A carefree, almost childish voice spoke with happiness. Laughter soon followed. 

Warmth filled her chest, the sound of that voice acting as a balm for something. The growl that escaped from her scared her to pieces. It wasn't her voice, nor was she the one that the voice called for.

The voice called for...Dvalin?

"I wish for the people to perceive me not as an omen of decimation, but as an omen of protection Barbatos... yet my appearance is not that of preservation. What must I do for Mondstadt to accept me?" A low voice that echoed with every syllable spoken escaped her. 

Have i become Dvalin?! 

"....Hmmm..." The voice calmly hummed as the lyre's sweet sound calmed some turmoil within her. She couldn't understand the emotion..no...Dvalin couldn't understand the emotion. 

The emotion writhed inside him, like a coil crushing his wings, pulling him down as the earth rose to swallow him whole. Why did it feel like a rock was within his chest which kept growing bigger and bigger, working against his desperate wish to fly?

To be free?

She knew what this was

Anxiety was revealing its true colors to the poor dragon.

He really wants to be seen as a good being huh?

Anemo energy swirled before her, as she gazed through the eyes of the dragon at the being that emerged from the softly swirling anemo energy. White wings flapped gently from the back of that being, spanning for at least 12 feet if not more. 

The being was male, wearing a cape with a single piece of white cloth going around his body. His hair went down in twin braids, the ends of which glowed as they resonated with his power. He held a pretty lyre in his hand, strumming its strings blissfully with a wide smile on his face.

His eyes were beautiful. Gems that glittered blissfully in the light, eyes the color of aquamarine crystals pierced through into her mind.

Venti?! Barbatos?!

"Mortals are funny little things Dvalin!! Most of them are children, picking up a shiny stone before throwing it away in favor of a toy. Their attention span is as short as that of a squirrel when it finds a nut!! They change too much for us immortal beings to catch up to them" 

Barbatos sighed, patting Dvalin on his head. Warmth spread through her, as the heavy weight of anxiety lifted itself from her. 

To think a gentle touch can calm someone as terrifying as Stormterror! Dvalin must really like Venti

"However, there might be a way!! Your protection will definitely be seen as heroism in their fleeting lives, so do not worry old friend. What you are doing now is more than enough for the citizens of Mondstadt. When the time comes, all your hard work will see its fruit, like how every wisp of wind is connected to every gale and storm" 

"Your words seem reasonable indeed. Thank you, Barbatos" the deep rumble of the dragon's voice still startled her, but the sweet softness that she felt gave her enough to know about how much he truly treasured the Anemo Archon's words.

 Thank you, Barbatos" the deep rumble of the dragon's voice still startled her, but the sweet softness that she felt gave her enough to know about how much he truly treasured the Anemo Archon's words