𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧?! 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲?

The Prince despised every second he had to spend being with the human girl. How dare she hold his sister's hairclip in her filthy hands? 

Everyone in Teyvat didn't deserve to be near him or Lumine. Not one of those wretched humans, archons, whatever or whomever lived in the Seven Nations deserved her time. 

What was more infuriating was her recognition of him. She seemed to recognise him, which couldn't be possible considering he was almost always within the shadows observing his plans. 

Did she mistake him for another?

"Oh!! Is this hairclip yours?" The girl walked towards him, and he had to resist the instinctive urge to break her neck or draw out his sword. He couldn't risk it with Lumine's head piece being in her hand. 

Not willing to talk to her, he simply nodded his head. 

"Here" She stretched out her hand in front of Aether, the Inteyvat flowers and feathers resting delicately on her palm. 

His lip curled into an almost imperceptible frown as his clenched fists seemed to get even stiffer. His eyebrows knitted together, as his glare got even narrower. That didn't seem to disturb the brunette, quite the contrary, her smile seemed to grow more genuine. 

How ridiculously irritating...

"Do you find touching me repulsive?" Aether hated himself for recoiling at the rather blunt question. 

How did she simply smile at something that most mortals found insulting?

"I normally don't force people to initiate physical contact with me, but the flowers feel very delicate, and I don't want to accidentally crush them. You, however, would be a lot more careful with the clip than I would be" 

His knitted eyebrows relaxed as his golden eyes grew a little wider. The Inteyvat flowers were... delicate? How could they be delicate in this girl's hands? That was...unnatural, to put it mildly. 

On another note, the mortal unfortunately also made a valid point regarding the clips. 

Begrudgingly, he took a few steps towards the brunette, quietly noting the severe height difference. His gloved hand flexed, and in one swift swoop, he snatched the hairclip away from her. He tried to back away, putting as much distance between him and her as possible, but ended up dropping the accessory.

Quicker than he had expected, the brunette had stopped the fall of the clip. 

"Be careful there!" she exclaimed as she idly straightened out the feathers. Then, as gently as she could, she let the clip drop down onto the frozen golden-haired male's still outstretched hand. 

"Please take care of that from now on, it seems really important to you" Flashing him another blinding smile, she turned to walk away from him. 

"Halt" Snapping out of his momentary daze, Aether finally opened his mouth and uttered a word. Stopping midway, she turned around and raised an eyebrow, a questioning look on her face.

"Tell me your name"

"My name is Divyasree, but some people find it to be a mouthful, so you can call me Divya if you wish"

Now being able to put a name to a face, Aether nodded his head at Divya, a sign of acknowledgement. Meanwhile, his mind sped to analyse her origins.

A native from Sumeru? No, that is not it. She seems to wear clothes from Mondstadt, so perhaps a traveler?

"What is your name?" Divya suddenly asked him. 

"...Just call me Prince"

"I believe I asked for your name, not for your nickname" The Ruler of the Abyss scoffed at her statement, before crossing his arms and once again glaring at her.