SEVEN ; an observer.

SUNOO HAD NOTICED the shift of mood in yunsol as soon as she returned from her phone call and back to the sink next to him. he didn't know the reason for her obvious change nor was he curious. he took casual glances when their shared uncomfortable silence started sinking in once again. sunoo disliked this particular type of silence—especially when they're still stuck with one another unless they were done—hence he plotted to spark a conversation.

"does everyone call you nayun?" sunoo asked out of the blue. yunsol rinsed the soapy rag under the running water, scrubbing it with controlled roughness before she answered. "random ass question," she had muttered.

offended when he caught what she said, sunoo massively rolled his eyes. 

was it bad to be curious? 

because he was! a human is bound to be curious, were they not? that's why physics and science expanded to headaching branches, because physicists and scientists couldn't stop being so curious. curiosity fuels the human brain's imagination and empowers our skill to think creative and analytical. it is merely natural for him to be curious after that guy, sunwoo, called her nayun despite gyeoul being the only person he heard that called her that nickname. he assumed it was a special nickname between best friends or something. 

and sunwoo and yunsol didn't seem like friends at all. 

"so?" he fished further for an answer.

"majority, yeah," yunsol shrugged.

sunoo's answer was almost immediate. "it's unoriginal," sunoo twisted his seventh rag to squeeze out the initial water the cloth had absorbed. yunsol was on her fifth. neither of them knew why they were washing so many dirty rags either. it was never ending on either side. "i may or may not care about your uncalled for opinion. actually, i don't care at all," yunsol nonchalantly shared.

sunoo ignored her despite being the one who brought up the topic in the very first place. he hummed delightfully after hanging the former rag and started dampening his next rag. his fingers were starting to feel numb under the water, and he was sure if he didn't volunteer, he'd be at home. nevertheless, he was already here. there was no room for complaints.

he adapted to the situation. "i'll make up a new, original nickname for you," sunoo paused to think. "let's see.. yunsol.. solyun?" yunsol let him be, not the slightest bothered as she continued doing her laundry. the conversation with her dad was fresh on her mind, a quiet sigh slipped out her lips, grip on the fabric tightening.

clueless about yunsol's internal crises, sunoo had been focusing on coming up with a new nickname. his lips pursed in front of his forgotten laundry. "hm, yunsol.. yun.. yunyun?" it rolled out his tongue so smoothly that he was caught off guard. "oh, wait. i like that, yunyun!"

yunsol had an opposite reaction to his enthusiasm.

she dropped her rag on the sink out of sheer mix of emotions.

"hell no," yunsol firmly disagreed with a bitter look. that sounded like a kid's nickname. a nickname you give your adorable kid at age two, not an eighteen year old. "absolutely not."

bingo

evil laughter heard in the far distance. 

he glanced at her with a scheming look. 

"yunyun?" he grinned.

"hell no."

his lips rose up to a smirk. "you don't like it? yunyun?"

"no."

"yunyun it is!" sunoo giggled, eyes disappearing in the joyful process. yunyun had started ignoring him and created an invisible border between their sinks.