Семь

Insane, inside
The danger gets me high
Can't help myself
Got secrets I can't tell
I love the smell of gasoline
I light the match to taste the heat
I've always liked to play with fire
Play with fire
Play with fire by Sam Tinnez

" Again" she said, this is not enough, she knows she has to try harder.

Suddenly a gust of wind came her way, almost blocking her view. Her balance is on the edge, and she must keep it steady. Fortunately, she still stands. This time pride filled her body.

She has finally succeeded.

" Seriously, they really have to take up our place for their little fire and wind show," scoffed a man not far from behind her. Lunetta glanced behind her just to see a group of men and a girl beside them, one particular someone caught her eye, a guy with brown hair, his scowl face was likely giving away that he is the one who complained.

As their eyes met, he was caught off guard, the Grisha was enchantingly beautiful, as if she was not a normal grisha. What really caught his eyes is her hair, it is a light toned with yellowish colour that was brushed back.

She didn't break eye contact, as if she was challenging him for a staring contest. It didn't last long. Lunetta decided to walk toward that man, startled. He blinked. With that she smirk and wink at him.

Walking past him...

She could hear whispers behind her,

"By saint Maylen, she looked right at you!" shouted someone,she glanced back, making sure they didn't notice her.

A short guy claps the brown hair guy on the back. She saw him give a casual shrug, but his smile widened.

"So she did," he said smugly.

Another man from his right shifted nervously. "They say Grisha girls can put spells on you."

She laughed and with that she walked away...

---- At the camp ----

" You will accompany the ship into the shadow fold, Aerysta got called in sick, she's with a healer now. I know that you were supposed to be one of the grisha that will be teaching the first army. But this is really urgent." said Zoya, a fellow grisha. They didn't really see eye to eye with each other because they had the same ambition to be one of the " darkling elite grisha".

Tho, they tend to help each other...

Not in a friendly way...

" Come on, that way you get to finally test out your ability in the dark of the shadow fold. Or are they not brave enough to do so? Said Zoya smugly,

" I never said that I wouldn't do it Zoya, you don't even let me speak one word and you just assumed the worst or do you not actually know who I am, I am truly hurt by your words. Lunetta said, pouting yet her eyes show that she is not sad,

Just sarcastically...

" The ship will be going in an hour, be ready." Zoya huffed and with that she walked away from the camp.

Sighing , Lunetta began opening her kefta, dropping it on a nearby chair to the nearby desk and made herself a cup of tea.

She was lost in her thought...

She happened upon an illustration of a volcra, with long, filthy claws; leathery wings; and rows of razor-sharp teeth for feasting on human flesh.

She had never seen one before...

This will be her first time going to the fold.

Nervous filled her spine...

Worry came across her face.....

She can only pray for the god above for her safety, not that she believes in the god she once believed back when she was in Fredja.

That god was long gone....

Just like her home and her family...

She won't mourn for that any longer...

And with that she grabbed her kefta and walked to the door, walking toward the ship that was going to the fold where maybe her new adventure began...

-- Near the Ship ---

Entering the fold was nerve wracking, but now as the ship entered the fold silence filled the air. It was already instructed that no fire or any light to shine when in the fold. The only light they can use is the blue light.

Not even a second after passing the first marker from thirty seventh maker, they were ambushed by the monsters inside the fold.

All because a panicked boy decided to light up the lantern after the blue light vanished. The volcra move in the shadow, they inhabit coming in and out of sight like smoke. Grabbing the rifle of one fallen soldier Lunetta tossed it to a young girl near her, using her still newly learned power she aimed at the monster. With her fire now she can see the beastly creature, she started firing her fire toward the creature while defending the ship.

Suddenly a scream could be heard, Lunetta tilted her head and saw one of her friends, Naersya was slaughtered by the volcra..

Right in front of her eyes..

With that she started aiming her fire toward the volcra that just feast upon her friend, behind the volcra there stood also the same brown hair guy, he was snacthed off the deck.

The same girl that she tossed the rifle was with him, firing at the volcra that held the guy. Lunetta was about to walk toward them after burning the other volcra, but something unexpected happened.

A volcra grabbed her the same way as the guy was grabbed. This time she was closer, as Lunetta was about to fire the volcra suddenly a scorching light came out of the girl's body, it was everywhere.

" Saint" was the only word that came out of her mouth.

' they have found a living mystique, The sun summoner has arrive'