тринадцать

-- Chapter 13

Well, the good guys don't

always get the glory

Can't you see the warning
signs?

I can make your life a livin' hell

If I wanted to, wanted to
Wish this was a love you never felt

And you know it's true, know it's true

Love me, love me

Trust me with that heart of yours

Feels so heavy

Lying on the bedroom floor
I can make your life a livin' hell

If I wanted to, wanted to

– Living hell by Bella Poarch

— Inside The war room —-

There in the absence of light stood a couple huddled together in the dark, sharing a kiss. This is part of the plan after all. He knows it.

He knew he broke his promise to her and hurt them both at the same time, does he care?
As he broke the kiss, he remembered something…..

His lips still brushing over Alina’s, his fingers sliding over the ribbons at her neckline. “Alina, do you know what Ivan told me before we took the stage?   Tonight , we received word that they have spotted Morozova’s herd.” She has found it, he whispered quietly

A group of very noisy, very drunk people were careening down the corridor, and someone bumped heavily into the door, rattling the handle. they froze. The Darkling shoved his shoulder against the door so that it wouldn’t open, and the group moved on, shouting and laughing. In the silence that followed, they stared at each other.

Then he sighed and dropped his hand, letting the silk of her skirts fall back into place. “I should go,” he murmured. “Ivan and the others are waiting for me.” Alina nodded, not trusting herself to speak.

He stepped away from her. Awkwardly, she also moved aside, and he opened the door a crack, glancing down the hallway to make sure it was empty.

“I won’t return to the party,” he said. “But you should, at least for a while.”
she nodded again.

And with that he left, leaving her own. The domed hall was silent, the fires in its tile ovens banked, its lamps glowing low and golden. Just as she was about to pass through the doorway to the main staircase, the carved doors behind the Darkling’s table opened. Hurriedly, she stepped into the shadows.