четырнадцатый

– Chapter 14

Cross my heart, hope to die

To my lover, I'd never lie

He said, be true, I swear I'll try

In the end, it's him and I

He's out his head, I'm out my mind

We got that love, the crazy kind

I am his, and he is mine

In the end, it's him and I, him and I

– Him and I by
G-Eazy and
Halsey

– Him and I byG-Eazy andHalsey

“Stay here,” he said. “I will check up on the things I left behind.”Lunetta just stood still. She was suddenly acutely aware of the fact that she was standing in a dark room with someone that despite being pissed then, right now the only thing she could do is process what had happened….

The General slipped through the doorway, but then he turned back to her. “Lunetta,” he said, she could see that he was fighting with himself, “can I come to you tonight?” she hesitated.

Lunetta knew that if she said yes, that would feel like she’s betraying Alina. Her lip still burned where he’d touched her, she wasn’t sure of anything anymore.

She didn't know how long she sat there in the dark. At some point she became aware of a soft knocking at her door. She sat up straight, trying to stifle her sniffling.

What if it was him?
Could he possibly finish everything he had left before that fast?

She couldn’t bear to see him now, to explain her tears to him, but she had to do something. She dragged herself to her feet and opened the Door. A bony hand snaked around her wrist, seizing her in an iron grip.

“Baghra?” Lunetta asked, peering at the woman standing at her door. “Alina”, she now realizes there stood her friend also…

“Come,” she said, pulling at her arm and glancing over her shoulder.

“Leave me alone, Baghra.” She tried to pull away from her, but she was surprisingly strong.

“You come with me now, girl,” she bit out. “Now!”

It was the intensity of her gaze or the shock of seeing fear in her eyes, maybe it  was Lunetta being just used to doing what Baghra said, she followed her out the door.