Epilogue

"See you later small madam." Audu yelled cheerfully as she hurriedly walked to her classroom. Something was strange but she couldn't pinpoint yet. She was sure mama Nkechi didn't ask her to do anything that she might have probably forgotten. She shook her head and then tightened her grip as she got to the classroom. Ogechi took a deep breath and then pushed the door open to noisy the classroom.

The first thing she could make out from the noise hit her hard like a sense of deja vu "I can't believe Nanret kissed Atinuke's boyfriend." She heard Moses, the guy that sits next to her say.

"That girl is shameless." Temi's voice, froze her. She didn't know why she felt that way but heart was beginning to ache.

"Upon she's dating senior Femi oo, head boy for that matter. She na went to kiss Ezekiel, Ezekiel that is our mate oo tueh for her." Chidimma who was sitting in front of her joined in. She didn't focus on what Chidimma said instead her face kept staring at the girl who replied next.

"Asin ehn" Temi said staring at a fuming Atinuke. " I sha can't wait for the end of classes today, we will watch drama." Temi turned and her eyes caught sight of Ogechi who stood like statue in front of the class.

A bright smile graced Temi's lips and she enthusiastically waved at her. "You made it. Come, come, come." She cheerfully urged her.

Ogechi slowly found her feet once more and began moving towards temi slowly only to sprint into a race ignoring the rest of strange look the classmates gave. "You're alive!" She exclaimed loudly as she pulled the confused girl into a deep hug.

Temi's confusion deepened at the show of affection. Ogechi was never like this. She looked around around and saw the same level of confusion at her classmates face. "O-oge..." she wasn't able to complete her name when actual sobs followed.

"You're alive. I thought I lost you." She tightened her hug as she cried profusely. "I thought you really died. Temi I thought I would never see you again. I thought I would never get to tell you how much you mean to me. You're more than just a friend, you're my sister." She kept on crying and squeezing her tight not wanting to let go so Temi wouldn't disappear. She felt Temi's slender palm pat her back in a comforting manner. "You made school and life in total more bearable. Please don't ever leave me. " She poured out all she had wanted to tell Temi.

"I can't." Temi's voice cracked as she said the painful words.

"Temi, please." She begged not minding how pathetic she sounded.

Temi shook her head that was on the crook of Ogechi's neck. "I really can't even if I want to. We are miles apart now." She subtly hinted.

"You're next to me, we can't be miles apart." Ogechi said stubbornly.

Temi chuckled softly with small tears pooling in her own eyes. She liked this version of Ogechi. The expressive one. She pulled away from the hug begrudgingly and held Ogechi's teary stare. "You know what I mean. You don't belong here."

Like cold water had been dumped on her, she understood what Temi said and she found the tears gushing from her eyes freely.

The scene changed and everyone present in the classroom had disappeared. Their surrounding no longer looked like they were in school. They were at Domino's. Two cups of coldstone ice cream sat on their table in front of them while the pizza was in the middle. Temi had the 'sweet cream' as always while she had the coffee flavour with bbq chicken pizza.

"We were supposed to have this..." Temi trailed in a low voice as she look behind her. "There's no time again, but we would surely meet again." She smiled with tear filled eyes.