Chapter thirteen

Picture of OJ above.

This chapter is dedicated to nita4rever thanks for being the first to vote on my previous chapter ❤️

****

The pain that washed over her when Ehiosu announced Nanret's death was something she knew, she'd never forget in her lifetime. She could have stopped her, persuade her to stay back. If she had did then, Nanret would still be alive, she would still hear her childish view of the world.

Zubby tapped his feet continuously on the floor as he stared at his classmates. No one was saying anything, no one was doing anything. The silence was intolerably irksome.

"Would you stop tapping your feet on the floor!" Chike said irritably.

Zubby stopped but spoke up glaring at everyone. "Are we doing twenty minutes of silence for the dead?"

"I don't know what we're doing here sitting in a circle like this is some house fellowship shit, we know who killed Nanret, " Temi threw a glare at the part Kunle had gone through. "Let's just hand him over to the villagers"

"We can't do that, it's practically jungle justice and we're not sure he is the killer" Mr Festus replied calmly.

"Chidimma saw him!" Temi pointed towards Chidimma who was sitting in between Moses legs with his hands wrapped around her. They were the only stable couple in the house. "She saw him trying to cover the body is that not proof enough..."

Ogechi tried to calm her down, she knew everything was too much for Temi to take in, heartbreak plus whatever has been going on in the house"Temi you're blowing this out of proportion, maybe..."

"There's no maybe! And I'm not blowing anything out of proportion Ogechi, I'm right and you know it" she stated with an angry glare directed at nobody in particular.

"There is no motive, Temi." Miss Kashimana spoke up for the first time.

"Oh, trust me. There is" Temi had this look of a deranged psychopath beginning to form on her face. Ogechi tried placing her hand on Temi's own but she pulled away. " Teachers may not know but we students should remember our jss3 when Kunle accused Nanret of rape and then the next day a video was released of him enjoying it. We all remember that don't we?" Her eyes danced with malice.

Few heads nodded.

"That is a motive!" She stated as her palm came in contact with the floor.

"She's right" Gospel added "Kunle took all the insults well, he didn't for once react to anybody. He didn't exchange words neither did he try defending himself for accusing Nanret falsely." He mused while in grave thought.

"Is that not what he's doing again?" Abu questioned. "I strongly believe his innocent"

Silence fell though Temi disagreed with Abu, she didn't voice it out instead, she stood up with anger and went inside her room. Ogechi was up and ready to go after her but Temi was out of the room already holding her belongings. Questioning look fell on her.

"What are you doing?" Ogechi's tone was gathering remonstrate. "You can't leave"

Temi rolled her eyes and turned to the rest of the people present "who is tired of this stupid project and is ready to leave?" Her voice with a tentative question in it, rested in the air.

"You're not going anywhere" Miss Kashimana stated with square shoulders.

Temi chuckled dryly, "watch me" and then she tried to move but Ogechi blocked her part.