Chapter ten

Nanret's picture above and you can check chapter four for Ezekiel's picture

This chapter is dedicated to chocolatehoneywrites

***
Friday night 11: 55 pm

OJ watched as Nanret changed her clothes, the lantern casting it's smoking light on the carpet. her smiles were like that of a child who had gotten the permission to eat all the sweets in the house.

"Are you sure about this?" OJ glanced at her worriedly.

Nanret gave her a playful glare "come on loosen up a bit, it's just a night of fun."

"Are you sure you're supposed to be having fun when someone just died?"

Nanret rolled her eyes " like seriously OJ, I've given her my fair share of one minute silence even if we were never friends and had never spoken to each other. She can't come and spoil my fun as she is rotting in the mortuary." She paused holding her jacket close to her chest with her pouty red lips "She was such a sweet girl I'm sure she would be missed dearly." her face held fake sincerity.

"You never liked her" OJ stated as a matter of fact.

"True, she was always in my way" Nanret loosened the hold on her long braids and then turned to OJ with a serious face "I don't like people who is always in my way, I'm just happy she got what she deserved"

"What did she do to you?"

Nanret shrugged nonchalantly with her hand on her small waist. "She had something, I couldn't have"

OJ knew she wasn't going to get anymore answers from Nanret so she switched to another topic.
"This guy you're going to meet, how long have you known him?" OJ raised a brow with a challenging look.

"Come why do you want to spoil my luck eh" Nanret said dropping the black jacket she had brought out on her side of the bed. She heard someone stir then she looked at the sleeping figures of Sharon, Uredo and Gloria "do you want to wake them up" she whispered angrily.

"It will be good so they can slap sense into you" OJ glared at her.

"Would you stop being sensible for once in your life time, stop being too matured and act your age"

"So acting my age means I should be doing stupid things that could get me killed?! Wow you're making serious sense" she said in sarcasm.

Nanret groaned and then dropped to the floor where OJ sat with folded legs on her make shift bed. "Please just help me with this I'll be back before two am. I promise this would be the last time I would ever do something crazy like this. I just want to see this guy and show him what city girls are made of"

"I'm just worried about you Nanret, how well do you know this guy? He could be a serial killer"

Nanret laughed quietly "serial killers don't exist in Nigerian and please don't bring all those your crime novels into this"

"Nanret it's really dark oo" OJ tried to convince her.

"I'm taking your Nokia Torchlight with me. It still has small battery in it. I use to wonder why you bought that phone but I'm a bit grateful"

"Nanret" OJ gave a tight lipped smile. "I don't feel good about this. Why don't you wait till in the morning?"

"What is wrong with you?" Nanret's voice came out almost loud.

OJ was surprised the remaining three in the room hasn't woken up with all this discussion going on. She had been purposely stalling so one of them could wake up and slap some sense into Nanret.