𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

the weekend passed with beomgyu and yeonjun spending their time together, and now it was monday morning. the day beomgyu returned to school. to say he was nervous would be an understatement.

he, soobin, and yeonjun were walking to school, as yeonjun had come over to walk with the boy he cherished so much recently. beomgyu's heart was racing, and his hands would shake if he had to hold them still.

he was walking between the two boys that accompanied him, eyes trained on his shoes the entire walk. yeonjun kept a careful glance on the boy, checking every ten seconds or so to make sure everything was still good with the boy. he was resisting the urge to grab for the boy's hand, but wasn't sure if he wanted their affection to be public.

although beomgyu had no trouble telling soobin he was excited for yeonjun to come over and cuddle him. soobin just shook his head with a smile each time, happy that beomgyu was finding something in life that he enjoyed.

the school came into view and beomgyu's chest tightened, the whole reason fuzzy.

part of it was the anxiety of being out of his room, or the fear of seeing xion, or the fear of being talked about, or the part where he had to will his mind to want to focus on something other than making himself happy.

yeonjun nudged beomgyu's shoulder, snatching the younger's attention up to look at the black haired boy who was smiling gently down at him.

"you okay? we can turn around if you want-" yeonjun asked lowly, already devising a plan in his head to sprint away from soobin before he could realize. beomgyu let out a small chuckle as he lightly shook his head no, because if he didn't do it now he wouldn't want to do it ever again.

yeonjun watched the younger for a bit longer, his eyes lingering to catch any glimpse of mistrust or uncomfortableness. when he found none, the older swiftly slid his hand down to brush against beomgyu's, hooking his pinky finger with beomgyu's.

the action didn't shock the younger, and instead widened the small smile that was just fading.

-

"beomgyu!! i've missed you so much!" taehyun shouted, taking off in a sprint down the hallway as he left jungwon's side. the cherry haired just chuckled, slowly trailing behind the hyper blonde, watching as taehyun reached the boy he was excited to see.

beomgyu was snatched from yeonjun and knocked backwards from the force of taehyun's hug, chuckling as the younger boy clung to him like he would never see him again.

"i missed you too tyun. you just saw me like two days ago!" beomgyu chuckled, nevertheless hugging his best friend back, a wide smile on his face. it felt nice to be missed, and it felt nice to be back in the company of someone he loved so much. taehyun was beyond ecstatic as well, as he wanted nothing but for beomgyu to be happy, and while he may not be entirely pleased with life, it was a start that he even came to school.

taehyun eventually pulled away from their bone-crushing hug to smile widely once again, snatching up beomgyu's hand and clasping their fingers together. yeonjun was watching from a small distance, as taehyun had put a distance between the once-linked pair.

when taehyun began to drag beomgyu away to their first class, yeonjun felt his heart sink a bit.

he hoped beomgyu coming back to school wouldn't tear them apart, as yeonjun had genuinely enjoyed the time he had with the younger. he didn't want anyone to take it from him, he didn't want anyone to take beomgyu from him.

beomgyu sent a look over his shoulder as he was being dragged away, his smiley eyes meeting briefly with yeonjun's softened ones. yeonjun's eyes flashed down to taehyun and beomgyu's interlaced hands for a split second and something in his heart shifted, subconsciously bringing his eyebrows lower on his face.