𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

soobin was not present in his last class.

he was sat on the counter in the bathroom, his slouched spine pressing into the cold mirror. his face was buried in his palms, which were propped against his knees.

his hands were damp and sticky from tears and his running nose, but the blue haired couldn't be bothered to even lift his head. his heart felt like it was ripped out of his chest, thrown to the dirty bathroom floor and stomped on by the one he had loved the most.

soobin felt fucking stupid for not noticing sooner. how kai didn't hang out with him much, how he never seemed too keen on going on dates.

he wanted to hate yeonjun in a way; if yeonjun didn't exist, soobin's boyfriend may easily still be happy with him.

soobin shook the idea forcefully from his head in a second. his own heartbreak was causing him to project hate onto someone innocent, someone who was his friend.

he didn't exactly know how he was comfortably sitting on the counter, especially since his legs were higher than the countertop, but he didn't care.

soobin stayed there until the final bell rang.

-

yeonjun was peeking over the swarm of heads for their freakishly tall friend, his hand tightly clamped around beomgyu's so that he didn't get lost in the crowd. the pair were stood off to the side of the hallway, and being as the bell to leave had just rung, the hallway was flooded with teenagers.

a particularly large and rowdy crowd made their way past the two boys, one of the boys roughly knocking into beomgyu on their way through with a snicker. the younger was thrown off balance, yeonjun immediately steadying him with his hands on beomgyu's waist.

"sorry- it was just the first place i grabbed-" yeonjun began, quickly letting go once he made sure beomgyu was stood upright again. the brown haired smiled just the slightest, slinging an arm around the older's waist as he hugged him.

"you don't have a need to apologize. i like when you hold my waist." beomgyu said softly, his cheeks heating up a bit when yeonjun's hand slowly snaked its way back around his waist.

beomgyu felt small in yeonjun's arms, and he loved it. after years of being mistreated or pushed to the side, he was finally the one to be protected, and that feeling alone was enough to make his heart want to burst.

"look, there he is." yeonjun said after a moment, and through the thinned crowd, beomgyu saw soobin walking with his hood up and his head down, backpack slung haphazardly onto one of his shoulders.

the pair broke apart and met soobin as he passed them, each linking their arms with him as they practically shielded him. soobin didn't react, allowing himself to be led out of the school to the parking lot where the other boys awaited them.

taehyun frowned at the sight as the trio appeared, with jungwon offering a comforting hand on his boyfriend's back. wooyoung and yeosang watched silently, waiting for them to get closer.

the three arrived, but no words were shared between any of the seven boys that would usually be eight. no one knew what to say, or what they should say.

"...i want to go home." soobin eventually spoke up, not caring to lift his head from where his gaze was stitched to the ground in front of them. beomgyu was quick to jump at the offer, but was shocked to see a hand held in front of him.

"i want to be alone... if you could go somewhere else for a bit.." soobin whispered, as if ashamed, to where only yeonjun and beomgyu could've possibly heard him.