𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

the pair woke some hours later, at different intervals.

beomgyu awoke first, being met with the now dark room that was filled with the slow breathing of someone else. his heart spiked panic for a moment, but when yeonjun shifted against his chest, everything dissipated.

no fear could overcome the sheer love in beomgyu's heart, for his heart would almost always overcome his mind. it was the way he was, and what the heart wanted, it would eventually get, or die trying.

the younger's hands found themselves slowly moving against the older's skin, focusing hard on the breathing that came rhythmically from him.

he didn't comment on yeonjun's stomach before, and instead pushed it out of his mind so that he could attempt to sleep. but now that he was alone and it was silent, his mind could only drift back to it.

beomgyu wasn't aghast at the scars whatsoever, but more so the act of putting them there was what truly broke his heart. he didn't want to think about yeonjun alone in his bathroom, fighting with himself and eventually giving into the urge, no matter the reason.

he thought back to what wooyoung had said the day before, and how yeonjun may have fallen back into his depression, and the sheer thought broke his heart more. he wanted to help in any way he could, but he also didn't want yeonjun to feel overwhelmed.

beomgyu knew that feeling, hence his two weeks locked in his room away from society. while he enjoyed the isolation, he also found that being alone only pushed him deeper into the sinking feeling in his chest.

a small whine from yeonjun brought beomgyu back to reality, his eyes immediately traveling to watch the shadow that was the older. the black haired was shifting more violently now, and his breathing was picking up a bit.

yeonjun then lifted his sleepy head off of beomgyu's chest and looked around the darkened room, his eyes barely open as he tried to gather what day it was.

"morning sunshine." beomgyu said softly, his voice gravelly and low due to not being used in a bit. yeonjun's head slowly swiveled to face the brown haired, an immediate smile finding his lips.

"morning bear. is it even morning?" yeonjun asked softly, his voice just as gravelly and low as the younger's.

"i would assume not, i have no idea what time it is honestly." beomgyu admitted, as he had no idea where his phone had even gotten to during his hectic day.

yeonjun hummed, and began to blindly feel around the bed for his own phone, and soon beomgyu joined him.

"here it is." beomgyu said after a moment, finding the device tucked almost underneath yeonjun's pillow. he slid it towards his boyfriend, and yeonjun took it with a soft 'thank you'.

"i have so many messages..." yeonjun whispered, almost to himself rather than the boy he was laying on. beomgyu realized that most of the messages were from himself, and assumed the others were from wooyoung and possibly soobin.

"it's 6 by the way." yeonjun said softly again, dropping his phone back onto the bed with a small huff. he let his head drop gently back down onto beomgyu's chest, facing the younger despite hardly being able to see him due to the darkness.

the storm had stopped but had left dark clouds in its wake, which contributed to the sky being darker than it usually would be at this time.

it still struck a small amount of fear into the younger's chest, but he tried to regulate the fear by telling himself that he was safe with nothing to worry about.

"it's just beomie and yeonjunnie here, remember..?" yeonjun said after a moment of silence, his hand trailing down to find beomgyu's hand to link them. beomgyu paused his panicking to focus on the older's words for a moment, almost in awe at how he knew what he was thinking.