12

(The next day)

Everyone is awake. Suddenly Iva's stomach growls.

"Mom, I'm hungry..."

The little girl says hugging her mother. Lena pulls out of the hug and cups Iva's cheeks.

"I'm sorry dear.... We haven't eaten anything since yesterday huh?"

Lena asks.

"Are you hungry too Abel?"

Parish questions but Abel does not answer. Frost glances at Fey and figures out he indeed is hungry but doesn't say anything.

"Sir, we've been driving nonstop for a whole day. We don't have any proper food on us and it's still a long way until we reach Koxu....."

Li worries for the children.

Noah remains silent.

Who said we don't have food on us?

The man thinks as he glances at the single Earring Neo's wearing and only just now realises the second earring is being worn by Frost.

No wonder the second one was missing...
Although, its not something I want to nonchalantly show off this early in the timeline.
Such a useful item being in the possession of two kids like Neo and Frost, that knowledge will only invite trouble.
It's good that Neo didn't once question about why he woke up wearing that earring....
But why didn't he?
I actually fully expected that he would question me about it.

Noah wonders

"Li, there should be a few bags of chips left in the backpack. Hand them over to the kids."

Noah commands

"Although you are right. Chips aren't filling enough. We'll need proper food."

Li retorts but proceeds to hand out the bags anyway. Frost, Neo, Abel and Iva all get a bag each but Li forgets about Fey since Fey's existence is quite hard to keep in mind. Frost sighs and hands her bag to Fey.

"Aren't you hungry?"

Fey asks to which Frost smiles.

"I usually skip breakfast"

Fey nods and starts eating, although since he is young he doesn't realise Frost lied. Neo opens his bag of chips too but forcefully shares it with Frost even though she insists she isn't hungry.

"That backpack again. How are you so prepared anyway?"

Ian asks.

"None of your business"

Noah replies with practical sparkles and flowers around him.

"Asshole"

Ian mutters.

"Asford is a decent sized city, they should have some malls or convenience stores that we can stop by sir"

Li cuts in and suggests in her monotone voice.

"Not a bad option. All I've been seeing is dead corpses littering the sideways and no sign of those monsters walking around. This city could may as well be our best bet"

Noah agrees with Li.

"Wait.... 'Dropping by to check' as in getting out of the car? That's suicidal!"

Parish exclaims just as Noah stops the car.

"Isn't this whole situation suicidal anyway though?"

Fey questions.

Almost forgot he was there....

Noah sweat drops but instantly goes back to his serious mood.

"Then feel free to stay back in the car by yourself...."