24

(Noah's Room)
(Noah's POV)

"I'm not exactly sure either, sir. Around midnight, I went to change your bandages. I noticed your wound had healed completely and your fever had gone down."

Li explains.

"So it's not you who healed me? Does anyone besides you know this?"

Noah questions Li.

"No sir. I didn't let anyone in after carrying you in. I assumed it was unusual so I covered up your wound with clean bandages and decided to wait for you to wake up."

Li answers while shaking her head.

This isn't right.
My blood manipulation seems to be working like I remember it..... But what is with this fast recovery rate?
I don't recall having this kind of ability.

"If you don't mind, would you help me bandage it back up?"

Noah requests, raising his hand.

"Certainly sir"

Regeneration?
Is it because I changed the course of the future?

"Keep this a secret, none needs to know about this."

"Of course, sir"

No, that cannot be.... Gifts are fixed, a person cannot develop a gift they did not have before. I lived in that hell hole of an Armageddon for 6 years, if I had regeneration, I would've known.

"It's done sir"

Li informs Noah when she finishes rebandaging his hand.

"Thank you, you should go get some rest. You seem tired."

Noah thanks Li.

"Please don't worry about me. Your wellbeing is my utmost priority"

Li retorts.

I knew you would say that.

"Hey Li. Arc doesn't exist anymore. If worse comes to worst, think more highly of your own life. Don't throw it away too easily"

"𝑷𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆, 𝒔𝒊𝒓."

𝑳𝒊 𝒔𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆. 𝑰𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒊𝒙𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒌.

"Is that an order, sir?"

Li questions.

"Huh?..... Yes it is"

Noah says knowing well that, that's the only way to make Li do that.

"Then I refuse"

Why you little--!

"I'm sorry sir. With or without the company, my utmost priority has always been you. You said it yourself. Arc doesn't exist anymore, there's no need for me to follow your orders anymore. I'd be betraying my own beliefs if I were to let anything happen to you."

There's no trace of hesitation in Li's voice.

(3rd Person POV)

"Shhh"

An undead boy puts his index finger to his lips indicating Mana to stay quite. Mana who is hiding behind a pillar has her hands on her mouth to keep herself from screaming. While Neo and Frost stand in front of bloodied corpses of undead.

~~

Neo finally comes back inside the house while Frost decides to stay outside for a bit more.

"Neo? Did you just come back from outside? At this hour?!"

Noah confronts his 'son' right after Neo closes the door.

"Where did you go? You know it's dangerous-"

The man notices blood on the younger raventte's sleeve, immediately grabbing it.

"IS THAT BLOOD?!"

Noah's outburst surprises Neo.

"Are you injured?! What happened?"

Noah questions a silent Neo.
____________________________________

I know it's short but put up with me pls-
Btw-
We know our parents for our whole lives while they only know us for a part of theirs-
Tragic-