𝟒. 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

"I..." is all he can say right now, which makes me smile. "Come here" I giggle, taking the necklace out of the box in his hands, before taking a few steps to stand behind him and help him put the necklace around his neck. I walk back to his front again, look at the medal that's hanging beautifully around his neck, resting against his chest, and place both my hands next to it. "I love you, so much" Chris silently says, almost whispering and causing me to look up into his wet eyes. "You're welcome" I jokingly whisper, nodding my head and tapping his chest again. "I... I love you, Am" he adds, gently grabbing my waist to pull me closer. "Chris, don't say that..." I sigh, shaking my head and closing my eyes while I keep my hands on his chest, feeling his heartbeat as I try not to tear up.

"Why not? You know it's true, you know I love you" he adds, so I shake my head again and open my eyes. "I do, but don't say it" I silently say, and he let's out a silent sigh. "Why can't I say it? If that's the thing I want to tell you the most?" he asks, frowning a little. "Because... Because you have to stop saying it in order to stop feeling it..." I reply, trying not to cry out. "I don't wanna stop feeling it, baby" Chris says, holding me even closer now. "But you should" I sigh, shaking my head yet again. "Don't ask me to do something like that, because I'll keep loving you. Always, baby..." he adds, whispering the last two words as he moves his face closer to mine. "Chris, no..." I silently reply with a shivering voice, as he kisses my forehead.

"Am, yes" he whispers, looking right into my eyes. I let out a silent sigh, and can't help but let some tears roll down my cheeks. "I'm gonna keep loving you, no matter how many times you tell me not to. I'm already way too deep in it to stop now, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else, baby. It's always gonna be you" Chris adds, but I shake my head while more tears follow. "Please... Please, please just stop" I silently reply, still crying. He pulls me into a hug, and let's out a sigh. "I'm sorry... Don't cry, beautiful" he whispers, but I shake my head again and get out of the hug as I try to force myself to stop crying. "I'm serious, I'm... I'm serious" I say, standing up straight and pretending like I didn't just start crying.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry... Just let me hug you, Am" he adds, but I shake my head and wipe away my tears before clearing my throat. "I have to go" I exclaim, walking past him towards the living room. "Why won't you let me hold you?" he suddenly asks, quickly walking with me. "Because that's gonna make it harder than it already is right now, so please, let me go. In every way possible, let me go" I tell, looking right into his teary eyes before grabbing my car keys from my purse. "But I-" he tries to add, but I interrupt him in time. "Chris, no. Have fun with your family" I exclaim, before walking out.

Ofcourse, Chrissy wouldn't be Chrissy if he didn't follow me to my car, so that's exactly what he does. "Am, Am, listen to me. Are you staying with your mom? Can you just text me when you're there? I want to know if you got there safe, you're obviously upset and it scares me to think that you're gonna drive like this" he says, so I stop walking, and turn around again. "I'll let you know when I get there, have fun with your family, Chris" I silently reply, giving him a little smile as I try not to cry yet again. He just sighs, nods his head and watches me drive off as soon as I do so. I drive over to my mom's place, but stay in the car for a while once I get there. I have to get myself together, I feel terrible and my heart broke into a million pieces, again. I take a few deep breaths, look in the interior mirror and step out of the car once I'm ready.

-

-

Chris' POV

I drive over to my mom's place here in Sudbury, but don't get out of the car just yet. I bring my hand up to the necklace my beautiful girl gave me, and touch the medal. I take a deep breath, look in the interior mirror and see that my mom is definitely gonna notice me being a little off. Amelia just texted me that she got to her mom's place too, so I send her a red heart in reply and let out a silent sigh. I love her so much, all I want is to be with her. I get out of the car with Dodger, ring the doorbell and greet my family happily, for as far as I can right now. After having lunch with them and noticing my mom looking at me a lot, I help her with the dishes in the kitchen while the others have a coffee in the living room.

"Christopher, I want you to be honest with me. You're a bit off today, so... What's going on, sweetie?" my mom suddenly asks, making me look at her. "Right, um, sorry, I'm just a bit tired. Didn't get much sleep last night so, yeah" I chuckle, trying to not show emotion at all. "You're my son, I know something's going on. Don't lie to me, tell me the truth" she adds, looking right into my eyes. My mom, she can read me like a damn book... "Well, uh... There's just a lot of things coming up, events and stuff, along with that Broadway thing soon and... It's a lot, but I'm fine, really" I reply, giving her a smile as she shakes her head slowly and puts her hand on mine for a second. "Sweetie, I love you, but that's not it right now" she exclaims, smiling at me but also looking a bit worried.

"It is, really" I kindly say, so she let's out a silent sigh and goes back to doing the dishes. "Alright then, so I don't think you'd mind me asking; who gave you the necklace? It's beautiful, who knew you so well that they knew it'd be something for you?" my mom asks again, not letting this topic go just yet. "Um..." I silently reply, trying to think of something, but already knowing that she won't believe me. "Yeah, so... Wanna tell me what's really going on? Because first of all, this is the first time I saw it on you. Second, you touched it a lot throughout the afternoon, and you seriously looked sad doing it" she tells, so look up again. "Right..." I sigh, shaking my head to myself before she puts her hand on top of mine again.

"It's just..." I try to explain with a kind of shivering voice, but I get interrupted by having to take a breath. "Amelia?" she asks, looking right into my eyes that are tearing up. Yeah, she knows. I slowly nod my head, and look at our hands so I can blink away the tears. "Did something happen to her? Is she okay, sweetie?" she immediately asks, sounding pretty worried. My mom, and entire family, loves Am. I mean, who wouldn't? She's amazing, she's fucking perfect. "She's... Yeah, she's okay" I tell my mom, so she let's out a relieved sigh. "Good, I'm glad she is. So, what happened? You look so sad, did you guys have a fight?" she asks, gently giving my hand a squeeze. "Not necessarily a fight, I guess" I silently reply, blinking the tears in my eyes away yet again.

"Then what was it?" she asks again, making me look up at her. "I uh... I don't know, it's nothing" I reply, giving her a smile. "It's nothing? Sweetie, I don't like seeing you this sad, so please, talk to me" she adds, still looking worried. I love my mom, she's always here for me. "I don't know what to tell you..." I sigh, clenching my jaw as I fight the tears in my eyes from falling down. "Well, how about we sit down and you tell me what happened when you last saw her? And I'm guessing it was today, wasn't it?" she asks, making me smile. See? Only the thought of my girl makes me smile already, even though it didn't go so well today.

My mom takes me to the little table she's got here in the kitchen, gives me a cup of coffee and asks me her last question again. "Yeah, she came over because she got me some clothes" I tell, so she nods her head before taking a sip of her tea. "For an event or something?" she asks, frowning a bit. "No, for uh, for today" I explain, also slowly nodding my head. "For today? Oh..." she silently says, like she's getting it now. She gives me a soft smile, and looks right into my eyes. "You really wanted to see her, didn't you?" she asks again, so I let out a silent 'yeah' and take a sip of my coffee.