𝟏𝟏. 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐬

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Just today, okay?" I ask, looking right into his eyes. I need him to understand that this is just for today, and that we're gonna go back to old habits after this. "We'll see, now let's go downstairs" Chris replies, kissing my cheek before standing up. "Chris" I exclaim, still needing him to know. "I know, now come on, let's enjoy our day then, alright?" he asks, raising his eyebrows with an innocent smile. I silently sigh, nod my head and stand up as well, to go downstairs where we have the breakfast he made and sit down on the couch to watch a few movies. Chris' arm immediately wraps around me as soon as the movie starts, but for today, I don't care about that. I just give in for now, cuddle up and enjoy my day with him. We have some leftovers for lunch together, but when it's 8pm, I realize that I'm gonna have to go again.

"Hey, um... I-I have to go" I carefully say, looking up at Chris. He looks down at me, slightly frowns and let's out a silent sigh. "No, please, don't" he says, causing me to sigh as well. "It's gonna be too late to drive back if I don't go now" I explain, sitting up straight as he shakes his head. "Then stay, stay here for the night, with me, and go back tomorrow" he suggests, but I shake my head. "No... I'm sorry" I reply, and he sighs again. "Baby, please" he adds, holding me even closer than before. "I'm sorry, Chrissy" I sigh, slowly getting out of his living grip and standing up from the couch. "Baby, come on, stay the night... You don't have to sleep in my bed with me, you could just stay in the guest room again and leave tomorrow. Just don't go now" Chris says, also standing up now and taking my hand in his. "No Chris, I'm sorry, I have to go" I reply again, slowly letting go of his hand and walking towards the coatrack.

"Baby, please, just one more night..." he suggests yet again, looking at me with puppy eyes as he clearly tries not to tear up after taking my hand to make me look at him. "No Chrissy, I'm sorry" I silently say to him, shaking my head before I start walking again. "Why not? We were having such a great day, Am... Please, it's late, you'll get home late, stay here" he starts again, while I put on my shoes. "No Chris, I'm really sorry, but I'm gonna go" I reply, standing up straight and grabbing my coat. "Okay... Alright, well um... I really did have the best day today, with you" Chris says, accepting the fact that I'm going home. I softly smile at him with teary eyes, knowing that this was probably the last time Chris and I were like this. It can't happen happen again, it's for the best... "Come here, baby" he sighs, opening up his arms for me.

I take a deep breath, take a step forward and give him the hug he asks for. "Please text or call me when you're home, my baby" he whispers, making me smile."I'll be fine, but um, thank you for letting me stay last night. And, uh... Thank you for today, this was... Nice" I reply, giving him another soft smile. "It was, yeah. I love you, Amsy..." he sighs again when I back out of the hug, cupping my cheeks. "I'm gonna go" I reply to that, letting him know that he still can't just simply say that to me all the time. It's a huge thing, way too huge to say to a stylist. "Yeah, sorry" he quickly adds, nodding his head and letting me go. Okay, this went well, this went better than it usually goes. I say goodbye to Dodger, smile at Chris once more and get to my car.

I drive all the way back to New York, quickly let Chris know I'm home and ignore his 'I love you' text this time. It was a nice day, but again, it was only for one day. We have to go back to old habits now, and besides, I'm seeing him next week anyway, for the Golden Globes. I'm kinda nervous about that, though. Things are definitely gonna be flirty, and his family is gonna be there. I love his family, they're all amazing people, but I don't know what they know. Maybe he told them, or maybe it's obvious... I don't know, all I know now is that I'm nervous. But, I can't back out. I'm still his stylist, I have to be there for him. I have to move my feelings aside, I have to be professional about this.

-

-

- Time Skip, One Week Later -