𝟏𝟎. '𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲'

"Here you go, I warmed it up for you. Your favorite pasta by your favorite guy! You want a few bites?" Chris asks, sitting down next to me on the couch with a plate of pasta in his hands. I love it when he makes pasta, even though I'm half Italian and he isn't the best cook, I love it. "You're a dork" I silently giggle, making him smile. "Oh you love it" he jokes, kissing my cheek before putting some of the pasta on a fork for me. "There you go, does it taste good?" he asks as I chew on it, softly smiling and looking up at him with half-closed eyes. "It does" I say, almost whispering before resting my head on his shoulder. A few bites later, I'm kinda full and way too sleepy to chew again. "You wanna stay the night here anyway? Or you want me to drive you home?" Chris silently asks, kissing the top of my head for as far as he can. Okay, I have two options here; I stay the night here even though I said I wouldn't, or I let him drive me all the way to New York, only to let him go all the way back my public transportation. Yeah, that's not happening. Besides, I'm comfortable here...

"I'll... I'll stay, if that's okay" I whisper in reply, sitting up again as he softly smiles. "That's always okay, baby" he adds, moving a string of hair behind my ear for me, which makes me smile while I lean into his touch. He carries me upstairs, because I'm almost too tired to walk, and lays me down in the guest room. Dodger follows us, and jumps into the bed with me. "Get some more sleep, you need it. I love you, baby..." Chris whispers, softly kissing my cheek a few more times. I softly smile with my eyes closed, but fall asleep again as soon as he stopped kissing. I get woken up again my Chris softly running his hand through my hair again, and calling me 'baby' while the smell of pancakes greets me. I slowly start waking up, softly smile at the feeling and open my eyes.

"Good morning, baby" he whispers, softly smiling at me which makes me smile too. "Good morning" I also whisper, enjoying the feeling of him running his hand through my hair. God, that feeling... "Did you sleep well?" he asks, coming closer to me to kiss my cheek a few soft times. "I did, I'm sorry I fell asleep like that..." I sigh, rubbing my eyes as he keeps smiling. "It's okay, it's always okay, baby. God, you looks adorable... I made you breakfast, by the way" he adds, taking a plate off the nightstand and showing it to me. "I smelled it!" I giggle, feeling happy about being here. I shouldn't feel this happy about it, but I'm not gonna bother myself with those thoughts right now.

"Yeah, you want some?" he asks, clearly happy about the way I'm reacting to him today. It can't be like this all the time, but today, I don't feel like bothering. I'm in love anyway, let's just not exhaust myself by saying 'no' all the time. Not today, I feel good today. "I'd love some!" I giggle yet again, slowly sitting up straight. He hands over the plate, and points at a cup on the nightstand. "There's some coffee for you in there, I hope everything tastes good" he says, causing me to smile bright again. "Thank you, you're the sweetest" I silently say, bringing my hand up to his cheek, and just softly smiling at him. "Always, baby. I love you, so, anything you need" he jokes, leaning into my touch. Normally, I'd pull away now. But today? No, today I feel good. I keep my hand on his cheek, keep smiling and softly caress his cheek with my thumb.

"Thank you for waking me up to make sure I wanted to stay here, last night" I say, while he keeps leaning into my touch with the happiest puppy eyes I have ever seen. "You welcome, baby. Like I said, it was too late for you to drive, and you were way too tired but still, I wanted you to be okay with staying, since you initially wanted to leave before dinner" he explains, so I nod my head. "I appreciate that, Chrissy" I reply, still nodding my head and slowly taking my hand off his cheek. "Hey uh, what would you say about staying here for the day?" he suddenly asks, taking my hand in his now. Okay, this is kinda confronting after all... I silently sigh in reply, looking at our hands as I think about it. "We could watch some movies, get some more rest... Just you and me, and Dodger" he adds, making me look up. This is harder than I thought it was gonna be, I thought I'd be easy to stay here, but I guess there's a part of me that's still too scared.

"Please? We didn't really spend much time together yesterday, you really needed to sleep and... And that's okay, you needed it, but I was just thinking that maybe we could spend the day together today, then" he nervously says, and to be fair, he's right. "Okay..." I just reply, slowly nodding my head and trying to put that scared feeling away. "Yeah? Yeah! I'm so happy, baby! Oh man, I love you! I love you, I love you, I love you!" he happily cheers, taking my plate from me and putting it on the nightstand again, just so he can lean in and kiss all over my face as I giggle the whole time. Fucking hell, he's adorable. I've never loved anyone more than I love this one... "What do you wanna do today, baby? You can choose!" he cheers again, like he's a five-year-old boy who gets to go to the candystore.

"How many pancakes did you eat this morning?" I ask, laughing at how happy and energetic he is. "I uh, I lost count" he chuckles, making me laugh again as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Oh? You seem... Happier, this morning" Chris chuckles, making me smile yet again. "I am" I giggle, nodding my head and running my hand through his hair once. "I like seeing you this happy, Amsy" he happily says, kissing all over my face again as I laugh. "God, that laugh, I love it" he jokingly sighs, so I just happily look into his eyes. "My baby..." Chris silently adds after a while of just looking at my happy self, causing me to smile bright again. "Your baby" I giggle, knowing that he always calls me that. "Oh, so you finally agree with that, huh?" he happily asks, raising his eyebrows. "I'm not saying I agree, I just know that you always call me 'baby'" I reply, but he shakes his head.

"No, no! I said 'my baby', and you replied to me with 'your baby', so for me, that's agreeing, missy" he exclaims, making me laugh. "It's not!" I giggle, shaking my head this time. "Yes it is! You agreed! You're my baby!" he chuckles, tickling me as I laugh about it. "I didn't agree!" I laugh, stopping his tickles immediately. "I don't believe you, not in the slightest" he adds, lifting his shoulders up for a moment. "I didn't! I really didn't" I reply, slowly stopping the giggles because I actually need him to know that I didn't. We still can't be together like that, but we can enjoy the day. After a moment of looking at each other in silence, he starts smirking again. "My baby!" he cheers, attacking my cheeks and nose with kisses as I laugh.

After a while of playing around like this, we calm ourselves down again. "Wanna go downstairs? Cuddle up? Watch some movies?" Chris asks, holding me in his arms after all the kisses and hugs we gave each other. "Yeah, but... Chris?" I ask, knowing that I have to say this now. "Oh no... What's wrong?" he slowly asks, starting to slightly frown. "We... It's just for today, okay?" I carefully ask, letting him know that we really can't be like this all the time. "We'll see about that, because if it's too late again, I'm not letting you drive home" he silently chuckles, looking a little nervous about what I'm gonna say. "That's... That's not what I'm talking about" I add, slowly shaking my head. "Baby, you can stay, you know you're always welcome to stay here with me, today, tomorrow and whenever you want, really" he says, but again, I shake my head. "Not what I'm talking about, Chris..." I silently reply, and he starts frowning a little more now.

"Then, what are you talking about?" he asks, still frowning and softly caressing my hand with his thumb. This is a hard conversation at this moment, but it has to happen. "You know, all of this..." I reply, so he let's out a sigh. "Baby, what's 'all of this'? We're not doing anything wrong" he adds, so I silently sigh as well. "Well..." I start, hoping he'll just know what I mean. "Baby, come on, what are we doing wrong this time?" he asks, already showing me that heartbreak in his eyes again. "You know that..." I sigh, running my hand through my own hair and closing my eyes for a second. "Let's not talk about that, please, not today. Let's just... Let's just enjoy the day together, okay? And let's not talk about that shit, okay?" he suggests, so I nod my head again.