Chapter 1

"Oh my gosh..."
I was staring intensely and admiring at my brand new body in the mirror, which just so happened to be the body of the villainess of the same romance novel I read at my time of death. Her name was Ceria Roscare, and as I've told you already, she is a villainess doomed to die in the most gruesome way of execution. I won't go into much detail, but her death involves being hung over a fire, while getting gutted alive AFTER being forced to drink a poison that paralyzes the entire body. It made me shudder just reading it, let alone experiencing the entire thing!

I shifted my focus back to the mirror and observed my, well Ceria's reflection more carefully. She was quite pretty and seemed to look about the age of 17-just three years older than my original age. Hmm,not 'quite' pretty. More like drop dead gorgeous! So gorgeous that it would be a waste to kill her off. All the paintings in my history classrooms seemed to picture the nobility and royalty of the historical times as being thin lipped, pallid and blotchy. But Ceria here, was nothing like that. Of course it may be because this was also a very unrealistic fantasy novel but oh well.

Thick locks of honey comb coloured hair flowed down right past her waist. Hidden behind her long fringe were large crystalline eyes coloured like spring flowers, shrouded with long eyelashes that curled at the end. Her body was healthy, not obese or underweight and her porcelain skin, free of blemishes, were tinted with a rose blush. Her lips were plump and moist, colored a pale pink and seemed very soft and kissable.
No one would believe that this extremely cute girl would do anything to get executed in such horrible way but as they say, you can't judge a book by it's cover.
I feel like I've hit a reincarnation jackpot, getting such a cutesy, beautiful new body like this. And I'll be able to live a life of luxury, after all I am the only daughter of the Duke in this kingdom with the only problem being in the future, as the novel most likely hasn't started yet, which hopefully I would be able to prevent.
I went back to my very very rich bed and hid under my lovely, light covers. The best place to think and 'analyse' my current information.

Ceria Roscare was the youngest and only daughter of Duke Roscare (Her father was very close with the imperial family), alongside her older brother, Celeste Roscare. Her mother died when she was five, so probably a lack of good female influence caused her to lead herself to her doom. Very little is told about her in the novel, considering she was just a side villainess, making it harder for me sob.
The novel was set in the Empire of Elner, where it was ruled by Emperor Leonard Ilnerant, and his only son, the crown prince, Mikhael, who was also the male lead. The empress killed herself due to her evil husband, and that was one of the events in the story that brought the female lead and male lead together. You may be wondering who the heroine is. She is actually the daughter of a pretty powerful family in the empire, the Ectere family. She is (drumroll please) Kayla Ectere, the adopted daughter of the Arch-Duke (Yes Arch-duke! Ceria had no chance against her anyways) who was even blood related to the royal family! Kind of weird that adopted cousins I guess you could say fell in love, after growing up together, but the story did have lots of plot holes and messed up bits alongside the extremely cliqued moments but it was entertaining to read so all was good, well not really.
Ceria had a crush on Mikhael so she got jealous of Kayla and as you may have guessed it, she tried to poison her. And she gets killed. Ceria was the first villain in the story-a minor one, and I never managed to finish it anyways so I don't know who the end boss is, but I pity them for their defeat and most likely execution, as the Crown prince was smitten with love for Kayla.

Now that I'm Ceria, I need to avoid the death ending that awaits me. I'm not prepared to take big risks or anything, and I'm not exactly the brightest bulb. The only idea that guarantees me my life is to use the heroine Kayla as my shield, as she does have that plot armour. And to do that...I will befriend her! She is written to be very kindhearted and friendly so this should be a piece of cake now that I am a very lovely and pretty young girl. Now let Mission befriend the Heroine begin!

All this planning had made me tired and I fell asleep. It also seemed to be the middle of the night then. I hope I didn't wake or disturb anyone. I still need time to prepare myself!