Chapter 8

And now, I finally begin Operation Survive For More Than A Year.

I sat at the balcony on a table staring blankly at the gardens outside. I had no idea what to do. My plan was originally, 'Operation befriend the heroine' but now I have a brother and potentially a father trying to kill me off so for some 'professionalism', I need to use an umbrella term for my plan, unless the female lead is so powerful and strong she can fight against them, because though she is of a family much higher status than 'my' own, being adopted she would be looked down upon a lot. Ceria would do this too hehh.

I decided to plot my plan in the garden. My bedroom looked down on a small garden with a gazebo shrouded by pink and red roses. A pretty atmosphere would be the best place to think. Maybe I could get some information from Lyra, as she loved to gossip as the servants did in each household. I called Lyra, we got ready, and after packing some desserts and tea, we headed out.

After walking in an award silence for a long time, Lyra finally spoke. I'm not too good at filling silence, so I was relieved though the atmosphere was still very stuffy.
"My lady, the parasol must be heavy. Let me carry it for you." Lyra took the parasol from me.
I stared at her, suspiciously. She would usually act more sarcastic, but now, well after waking up, she was acting more kindly.
"What's the matter my lady? " She asked me with a wary look on her face.
"You speak sharply normally but today the tongue is blunt.. "
She gaped at me in perplex.
"My lady.. Please tell me if I've done anything wrong.. You're speaking in a strange way.. "
"What I'm meaning to say is that you usually make fun of me but now you are all serious! It's making me feel unsettled!" After the incident with Celeste, I became more.. 'On guard', just incase I was being watched. I hadn't seen him for a while, and the thought of my seemingly loyal servant Lyra going against me was nonexistent. But she wasn't acting in the light hearted manner as she used to.
"My lady.. I did joke with you. A funeral director wasn't coming in.. That was a joke. "
"... "
There was no way that was a joke.
"Ahh never mind. Look there's the gazebo. Let's have some tea, snacks and chat. I want to know about the other nobles.. "
"My lady! You are into gossip? Oh how shocking... To think that such a pure looking lady like you would want dirt on the other aristocrats! "
Lyra gasped while clutching her heart dramatically.
"You know what.. You're still very sarcastic. Ignore everything I said before. "
"Oh my lady don't worry.. I have so many stories to tell you hehe! "
And so we walked while Lyra excitedly chattered on. Through the subject of gossip, I would hopefully learn more information about Kayla Ectere and her current appearances so I can hunt her down.. Well not hunt, more like gaining a better understanding of her social standing and what point we are at in the story. I think the story itself should start in a month or so..