No Choice

Title: No Choice
Description: Her heart shattered when she saw the look on Merlin's face. He hadn't wanted to hurt anyone; he didn't even understand why using his magic was wrong. It was as natural to him as breathing or using his right hand. He didn't understand, and Hunith didn't know how to make him understand.
Word Count: 190
Part: 1/1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really really sorry this week's is so short (again) and that it's not very good. I'm determined to post the fic I've been working on as one part and I haven't been writing as much as I should so it's not finished yet :(

Merlin hadn't meant to use his magic. He only wanted to get some firewood for his mum, but he'd almost killed Old Man Simmon's instead; he had almost flattened him with a tree. His mum wasn't mad. She wasn't even sad. She was scared. Scared for her son's safety; his life. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know how she could help him. How could she keep her baby safe?

Her heart shattered when she saw the look on Merlin's face. He hadn't wanted to hurt anyone; he didn't even understand why using his magic was wrong. It was as natural to him as breathing or using his right hand. He didn't understand, and Hunith didn't know how to make him understand. She did the only thing she could do. I mean, what else was she to do? How else could she have made him see the consequences? It broke her heart to do what she did. She didn't feel like she had a choice. But neither did Merlin. He didn't choose to use his magic and she didn't choose to make small burns on his hands.

Right?