Chap 15)

╭──────────╮𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ╰──────────╯

╭──────────╮
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
╰──────────╯

With agile hands, Poppy curled the palm of her hand around the rough textured strap of her semi-automatic rifle on her shoulder blade. The strap had been digging through the fabric of her grey-sleeved top and was pressing uncomfortably into her skin. It resulted in her rolling her shoulders back against her seat to alleviate herself of the ache that had burned itself there.

Tilting her head downwards so her tranquil gaze was set on the carpeted floor of the jeep, she tugged the strap over her head, being mindful of her bun as she removed it carefully. She turned the rifle around and parted her legs marginally so she could place the end of the rifle on the ground so she had space to move without restriction.

A reposeful breath expired from her healthy lungs and pushed towards her throat where it ran up and escaped her parted lips.

The seat she was presently sitting in was hot and felt like her clothes had been ironed, a result of the flaming sun beaming down at the vehicle and pouring into the glass bulletproof windows.

Her feather-soft hands were clammy with perspiration and her clothed body was sweltering. She ignored it as it was endurable. Her attention flicked to MacTavish who placed his weapon down on the floor of the jeep also and leaned back in his seat.

Seeing movement in her peripheral vision, Dargie turned her head forward and darted her green eyes to the driver who glanced between the trio of soldiers in the back of the car.

"This is my second in command, Sergeant Major Rodolfo Parra," Colonel Vargas introduced.

Sergeant Major Parra was attired in protective and bulletproof tactical gear like Alejandro. He wore a grey zip-up hoodie with a dark green kevlar vest strapped around him.

Rodolfo averted his regard from the colonel to give Ghost, Soap and Dargie a nod of acknowledgement.

He proceeded to turn his body completely forward in his seat and keep his black-gloved hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel as he glanced up at the rearview mirror. He fixed his eyes on Simon, taking in his skull balaclava that concealed his face.

"Tengo miedo de Los fantasmas," Rodolfo confessed to Alejandro beside him. I'm afraid of Ghosts.

Amusement danced on the colonel's countenance as his lips curved up at the corners and a chuckle left his mouth at Parra's words.

Vargas turned at the waist and looked back at Soap next to Poppy. "You know Spanish?"

Sergeant MacTavish shook his head. "No."