Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

I lift my hand, placing the palm of my hand against my chest. Why am I feeling this way every time I see Y/N being so close to Hanasaki? Why do I feel so bothered by the sight of Y/N's smile when it's not directed to me? Why do I want Y/N to just keep her attention on me?

Why do I feel this way?

-Please Stay Alive-

Y/N P.O.V

I turn my head and notice Kobayashi being silent. I frown when I notice the look on his face. He looks like something is bothering him. Aside from that, I notice how his hand is on his chest.

"Kobayashi-San... are you okay?" I asked. He snaps out of his daze and turns to look at me. "Huh?" He asked, staring at me with a confused gaze. I let out a soft giggle at the expression he's making, and smiles softly.

"I asked... are you okay? You've been holding onto your chest for a while now. Are you hurt?" I asked. He blinks his eyes for a few seconds and shakes his head lightly.

"No... I'm fine" he said. I hum softly and nod my head, smiling softly at him. The corner of his lips quirks up a little, forming a small smile. I reach out and grab a cup of f/d. I bring it closer to my lips and take a sip.

I turn my head slightly, noticing Kobayashi standing up and walking away. He's probably heading to the roof. They have moved his little pod to the top of this building.

Kobayashi claimed that he can't sleep else where. He can only fall asleep in his pod. That's why Hanasaki suggested that we should move his pod here instead.

I stand up and follows him. I was right. Kobayashi is up here. He's sitting on top of the pod, while staring at the sky. He didn't seem to notice my presence yet. I don't know if I should approach him, or whether I should leave him be since he seems to be the type of guy who likes to be alone.

"You don't have to walk away..." he said, just as I was about to. I stop mid-track and turn around to face him. He have notices me. I smile awkwardly and walks closer towards him. I kind of want to come closer to him. But his little forcefield forbids me to. So I just take a seat on a small bench, not far from where his pod is placed.

I just stare at the stars. The soft breeze of the night wind gently brush through my hair. It's the feeling that I enjoyed. It gives me a sense of comfort.

"So... what brings you up here?" I hear Kobayashi said. I turn my head to look at him. "You walked away from your own party. So, I just want to make sure you're alright" I said. He just stares at me for a few seconds, and looks away. I turn my head to look at the sky again.

"Why do you care?" He asked. His voice sounded soft and hushed. I can detect a sense of loneliness and sadness in them. My eyes soften, as I can quite figure out what might happened in his past.

"I care for my friends, Kobayashi. You're my friend, so naturally... I would care for you too" I said, while turning to look at him and smile softly. He just stare at me, without saying anything.

"You're probably tired... I guess, I should leave you to rest. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I said. I stand up and was about to walk away.

"Don't leave" I hear him whispered softly, but loud enough for me to hear. I turn around to look at him. He stares at me with a pleading gaze. It's like he's trying to talk to me through his eyes. The eyes that said he didn't want to be alone.

I turn my body to face him. "I'm not leaving... this is my home too. I'll start to live here from now on. I'm just going to my room" I said. He jumps down from the pod and walks towards me, stopping when he's a few feet away. He looks afraid that he might hurt me with his power.

"Stay... with me..." he said, in a hush voice. I stare at him with a surprised gaze. I didn't expect him to say something like that. I didn't expect him to asked me to stay.

My eyes soften slightly as I slowly walk towards him. His eyes widened when he notice what I'm trying to do. He quickly shakes his head.

"No... keep your distance. You're only going to get hurt if you get any closer to me" he said, as he take a few steps back. I just smile softly at him, as I keep my walking towards him.

"I'm a fast healer. I'm not scared" I said. I eventually stops when I'm a little closer than before. He just stares at me. My e/c meets his red ones. I can see the longing in his eyes. I can almost feel his pain. I felt the same when I was locked away from the world by those evil people. I longed to belong... I longed to find someone who can cherish me.

"Hanasaki told me about your desire to die..." I said. He just stares at me. "Dying isn't a solution. It will only cause a lot of pain... the feeling of loss for the people who cares for you..." I said.

"I care about you. So, please stay alive. I don't want to watch the people I care for walking out of my life, especially not to death. It took so much for me to learn how to trust... I-I d-don't want to l-lose that agin. I don't want to lose you, Kobayashi..." I said. My voice cracks as I said the last sentence. He just looks down, without saying anything.

I take this as a chance to try and get closer to him. To my surprise, his forcefield didn't activate. I reach out and gently cup the side of his cheek. He flinched at the sudden contact. He turns to look at me, shock is written all over his face.

"H-How?" He said, voice trembling a little. I shake my head slightly, letting him know that I didn't know either. I don't know what I'm doing.

I caress his cheek. He seem to be leaning against my touch. It's like he's been waiting to feel something. I can feel that he's slowly relaxing. He slowly closes his eyes, as if he's trying to savor the feeling of my hand against his cheek.

"Stay with me, Y/N... stay by my side. Don't leave me. Please..." he said, in a hushed voice. He slowly open his eyes, red eyes staring into my e/c ones. I smile softly and lift my other hand, cupping his cheeks softly.

"I will never leave you..." I said. He hesitantly lift his hand. I just stay still as he gently cup the side of my cheek. He gently rub his thumb against my s/c skin.

"Promise?" He said. I smile softly and nod my head. He move his hand, gently placing it on the back of my neck. He gently pulls me closer, letting me rest my head against his chest.

"I promise... I will always be with you" I said. He just tighten his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his torso. I feel something wet hitting my shirt. I pull away slightly and notice his tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Don't cry, Kobayashi" I said. I gently wipe the tears from his cheeks. He closes his eyes. "Yoshio... please call me Yoshio, Y/N..." he said. I just smile at what he said and nod my head.

"Okay, Yoshio..." I said. A soft smile appear on his lips. He wraps his arms around me again. I return his gesture, hugging him back. I'm surprise that his forcefield lets me be close to him. But... I'm happy.

*to be continued*