Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

"Okay, Yoshio..." I said. A soft smile appear on his lips. He wraps his arms around me again. I return his gesture, hugging him back. I'm surprise that his forcefield lets me be close to him. But... I'm happy.

-Hanasaki's Rebel-

Y/N P.O.V

Nii-Chan said he needs to have a little vacation. Thus leaving the company empty with only us to maintain. He's always like that, always disappear out of the blue. I wonder where he's off to this time.

I'm just sitting on the couch of the office, reading a book Nii-Chan provided for me. Since today is the weekend, Hanasaki and I didn't have to go to school. But we still need to look after the company.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to see Yoshio. He walks towards me and take a seat next to me. I smile softly at him as he returns it. He scoots closer to me and place his head on my shoulder. I smile softly as I lift my free hand, placing it on his cheek and caress it softly.

Hanasaki stares at us in shock. "What... h-how are you n-not affected by his shield?" He asked. I shake my head at what he said, letting him know that I'm not sure.

"I don't know... it sort of just happened" I said. He eyed me for a few seconds before turning to Yoshio. He stands up and walks over to Yoshio. He lift his hand, moving it towards Yoshio. The shield appears, surrounding the two of us which makes Hanasaki jumps back in fright.

"So, his power is still there. But somehow it doesn't affect you, Y/N" he said. I just hum softly and nod my head at what he said. I turn to look at Yoshio as he stays silent.

"Seems like so... but I seriously have no idea what happened or how it happened" I said. Hanasaki just hum at what I said. I notice a grin appears on his lips. I stare at him with a raised eyebrow. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Isn't it great! Now that you're able to touch him. Maybe you can help him fulfill his desire!" He said. My eyes widened as I instantly caught on what he's trying to say. He wants me to try and kill Yoshio.

"Don't joke around! You know fully well. There's no way I would do that!" I said. Hanasaki flinched when I raise my voice at him, even Yoshio also looks a little taken aback by my outburst. I take a deep breath as I try to calm myself down.

"I didn't mean to raise my voice at you... I'm sorry, Hanasaki..." I said, smiling apologetically at him. He just look away from me. I notice a deep frown on his face.

Hanasaki P.O.V

Y/N and Kobayashi have been acting awfully close lately. For some reason, it makes me feel uneasy. I don't know why I feel this way. But I don't want to see Y/N acting so close to another guy. Ever since the day Y/N starts going to the same school as me, I've always feel so close towards her. Like I wanted to be there for her... to protect her.

But now as I see Y/N acting so close to Kobayashi. I feel this negative emotion in my chest. What is this feelings? Am I... in love?

***

Y/N P.O.V

Someone came to our office. He asked for our help to investigate a new small town. He said that the town was inprenateable. But Nii-Chan isn't around. So we can't just accept a job offer just like that. Inoue said so... he said we can't act reckless while Nii-Chan isn't around. It would put our reputation at risk.

But of course, Hanasaki wouldn't listen. He accepted the job offer despite being scolded by Inoue. I let out a sigh at the brunette's stubbornness. Goodness... I still have no idea why Nii-Chan would recruit a guy like him. He just never listened to anyone.

So as an attempt to stop him from going and do reckless acts, Inoue told him to go to the room available here. He asked Yoshio and I to supervise him. We are told to make sure Hanasaki didn't leave the office.

"I bet he wouldn't listen..." I said. Yoshio turns to me and nods his head in agreement. "Let's just go and check him..." he said. I nod my head and the two of us makes our way to where Hanasaki told us he was heading to.

I lean my body over the edge of the building, Yoshio next to me. Hanasaki is climbing down the building using the wire from his watch. I let out a sigh and stare at him with a cold gaze.

"I see you're still as stubborn as ever, Hanasaki..." I said. He flinched at my voice and looks up. He let out a nervous smile.

"Oh... h-hey, Y/N..." he said, laughing nervously. I roll my eyes at his attempt to act clueless even after getting caught in the act. "Drop the act, Hanasaki. I know what you're trying to do" I said. He just smile apologetically at me.

"Just go already..." Yoshio said, leaning over next to me. I turn my head to look at him with a surprise face. "Are you seriously letting him go?" I said. He turns to look at me.

"We both know that he's not going to listen. So why bother trying to stop him? He'd find one way or another to get out of here" he said. I just hum softly at his reason. I turn my head to look at Hanasaki.

"Don't act reckless, okay?" I said. He grins at the two of us and continues to lowers himself down. I let out a sigh and turn around, leaning my back against the fence.

"I sure hope he knows what he's doing. Hanasaki tends to act recklessly. I hope he's not going to get himself killed..." I said. Yoshio just pat my shoulder softly, as an attempt to calm me down. I turn to look at him and smiles softly.

*to be continued*