E/5 | Suitors

*Sharing is caring, Eliza - ones who want the MC instead

- Outside the Campus -

The ones who the Headmaster chose to put the ring on the bride's finger are currently getting interrogated by a ghost guard. The guard was surprised there was a total of seven people who are the presented suitors of the Princess...

     "I'm aware I'm the perfect Prince for your lovely Princess. Do be wise while choosing random strangers for Her Highness," Vil remarked, while Jack was surprised he said the word prince. He cleared his throat, "I'm sure she'll fall in love with me once we meet. So please, be an obedient guard and let me meet her," he ordered the guard.

     The lion went near the dorm leader of Pomefiore, "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Vil?" He whispered. Vil immediately went near the lion's ear, "I'm not just a model, right? I'm also a professional actor, which means I have a bunch of acts waiting on the sidelines. She wants a prince and I'll gladly grant her wish," he answered.

     "You don't even like her, Vil-san..." Jack remarked. "But you're still gonna propose to her and confess your so-called love to her. Love is a sensitive subject and it should be taken seriously..." He added.

Floyd laughed at how serious Jack is acting, and he defended himself that someone shouldn't joke around. Vil consoled the serious wolf by assuring him it'll be over soon before the bride knows it...

     "We're talking about a competition and (Name) here," Vil stated as he crossed his arms with a proud smirk on his face. "I don't hold back in a competition and never let that demoness get married to some ghost that she met, case closed," he added.

     Leona groaned, "You know, I prefer your other self than this cringe expression of yours..." He stated, tensing at how terrifying Vil's change is. Vil smirked at the lion, "You seem afraid to lose against me, Leona," he remarked.

     The lion scoffed, "In your dreams, I'll never be afraid," he huffed and looked at the ghost guard waiting for orders, "Hey, you there! I came all this way to meet the woman, so move on and get her here!" He ordered without remorse, worrying everyone.

     The ghost guard looked offended, "How dare you call Her Highness with such a commoner title! You're all random strangers if I might say so myself, so please don't talk as if you know the Princess. We don't trust random people, so prove your strength if you're willing to see her!" He challenged. 

- Cafeteria -

The Princess was waiting for the said suitors to introduce themselves and to prove if they were worthy enough to be her groom. Jack pointed at her as she greeted them by addressing themselves as someone willing to take her hand despite her already choosing (Name) as her groom...

     "I truly appreciate your effort in coming, but I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you since I already chose this man named (Name) as my groom," she said again, making Vil annoyed on the inside. "He has such lovely tinted hair that stands out among the crowd, beautiful colored eyes that I can watch every day, and he's so tall, matches his serious and dignified energy. His skin is so soft with his lips always forming a smile despite the hard times~! Oh my, he's just perfect for me!" She exclaimed, falling in love with the demon once again.

     "I mean, she's right, but doesn't (Name) hate getting married?" Trey muttered. "Your efforts truly amaze me, but compared to my lovely (Name), you are—"

     "—More deserving than him!" Vil and Leona said in unison. Jade sighed, "And I think they've forgotten what our goal is..." He uttered, staring hopelessly at the two dorm leaders.

     The Princess cleared her throat, "Well, if that pleases all of you! Very well, I'll test each one of you if you're suited to be my groom," she announced. She set her eyes on Leona, "You first, the one with cute ears and looks wild."

     "That's me, right?" Leona asked, earning a nod from the Princess. He went in front of her, "Okay, then. I'm Leona Kingscholar, test me and you'll see I'm definitely your guy," he assured the princess.

Eliza started to sing, while Leona was confused about why she started out of nowhere. He was lost and irritated because of the strange actions the Princess is doing. He asked the ones behind her if choosing among the seven is too much for her, before he could know it the Princess is already enraged...

     "Reject!" She yelled and slapped Leona. "It hurts!" The lion groaned, touching his face.

     "Why did she suddenly slap him?!" Sebek yelled, surprised at the sudden slap. The Princess glared at the astounded lion, "Despicable! The Princess is singing in front of you and you can't bring yourself into joining her, you're not very princely at all!" She told him.

     "Leona-senpai is the actual prince among us tho..." Jack whispered. The Princess then turned her attention to the Pomefiore Dorm Leader, "Next, you! The one with blond hair!"

      "Hello there, Your Highness," Vil bowed and kisses Eliza's hand. "I'm Vil Schoenheit."

That's when Eliza started singing again, with Vil duetting her and it surprised everyone since he managed to be at the same tune and they're harmonizing each other's lines. The others haven't heard such music before, but it's quite pleasing...

     "I could sing with you forever, that's one of what I can do to the ones I love the most," Vil said. Eliza chuckled and placed a hand above her mouth, "How lovely! Now, what's your dog's name?" She asked.

      Vil raised an eyebrow, "Why did you suddenly ask if I have a dog? I'm currently staying in a dorm and it's impossible to bring a dog inside the campus—" Before he could know it, the Princess raised her hand to sleep him. "REJECT!" She announced and slapped him hard.

     "IT HURTS!" Vil yelled in pain. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! HOW DARE YOU SLAP ME! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS FACE COSTS?!" He yelled at the Princess. "Ah, there's the usual Vil..." Jack whispered, seeing the frustrated Vil.

     "I mean everyone will be back to their usual selves if they're slapped like that~," Floyd chortled. Eliza looks furious as she stared at the frozen dorm leaders, "You're not princely as well! If you don't have a dog who'll come to you if you're screaming for help, then you're out!" She yelled.

     Trey was sweating as he heard that, "She got some fantastic view of what Princes are capable of..." He remarked. "Hey, Vil and Leona, are you two okay?" He checked their situations on the ground, they were both muttering something. "What's wrong? You're both frozen. Did her slap hurt too much that you can't move?" He asked again.

     "I CAN'T MOVE!"

     "WHAT?!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)