109 | Anew

*almost the end

*Idia would probably watch the chibi Barbatos/(Name) dancing (especially with the cake and holding the tea poses)

- Scarabia Dorm, Lounge -

     "I know you did a lot of bad things..." Kalim stated, wiping his tears. "But you're always there when I needed you the most! I wanna end this... Let's end this! Put our parents' positions aside because I don't want us to be in a servant-and-master relationship! I want us to be equals!" He told Jamil.

     "That's nice," the demoness commented, smiling. Kalim offered his hand, "Let's start being rivals who aim at the top... No one shouldn't hold back, alright? Let's be friends again, Jamil!" He stated.

     Jamil's expression turned into a sour one, "Friends? Seriously. I'm aware you're a goody-two-shoes type of person, but since we're in an open forum right now... I DECLINE THAT OFFER AND I DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU AGAIN!" He yelled.

     "What?!" Grim gasped. Jamil angrily pointed at Kalim, "YOU IDIOTIC, SLOW, DENSE, CAREFREE, AND CLUMSY PAMPERED RICH KID! As if I would like a friend like that. If I wasn't been born into the Viper Family, I would never befriend you!" Jamil added, averting his gaze.

Everyone nervously chuckled since Jamil isn't holding back as Kalim was hugging his retainer's arm. Azul must've liked this side of Jamil more than the introverted one, earning a scrunched face from Jamil since he's creeped out with that smile plastered on the Octavinelle's dorm leader's face...

     Azul chuckled, "You've perked my interest ever since our first years. After all, you always avoided the spotlight as if you're a wallflower," he commented. "Sure, you didn't manage to get outstanding scores on both physical and academic tests. However, you didn't manage to get failed scores either."

     "That's quite impressive," the demoness remarked and looked at Jamil. "Are you saying that he's doing this on purpose? It's impressive since I haven't heard of anyone having average scores without trying in this school," she added, patting Jamil's head.

     "(Name)-san is right and it all made sense when Grim and Yuu-san told me about what's happening in Scarabia," the Dorm Leader of Octavinelle told Jamil. The Vice Dorm Leader of Octavinelle must've noticed, "Ah, now I understand. Azul may have the highest scores towards alchemy... However, his flight classes are down to the bottom of grades," he chuckled.

     Azul must've popped a vein, while Grim was amazed, "That's cool!" He cheered. The octopus smirked, "Well, I connected all the dots when we played Mancala the day before yesterday. You've managed to control the scores with Floyd's bipolar attitude," he stated.

     Floyd must've been amazed, "Wow~! He can do that too?" He asked, tugging Azul's polo. "Yes, Floyd. To avoid for you to throw a tantrum, he made sure it was a balanced fight—he's not losing quickly because he knows Floyd will be angry if he played with me," he smiled. "It only makes the opponent happy because you know how to control the vibe."

     The demoness gave Jamil herbal tea and desserts, "It's not like a simple person can do that, Jamil-san. Your skill is rare, to begin with, and it's not something to underestimate. I'm proud of you," she smiled at him and it made him felt loved. Kalim hugged Jamil, "I know right? Jamil's awesome!"

Azul went near Jamil, a contract lying on his palm as if he wants to make a contract with him. He told his classmate that they'll get along together since he can make Jamil famous within a nick of time. However, his offer was declined because Azul is pissing Jamil off after what happened earlier...

     Jade snickered behind Azul, a hand above his mouth, "Oh~, look who got rejected," he teased. "I'LL SERIOUSLY CUT OFF YOUR SALARY FOR THIS MONTH, JADE!" Azul threatened, his staff on his hand to hit the obedient twin.

     "Then I and Floyd will leave Monstro Lounge," Jade teased. Azul huffed and crossed his arms, "Either way, I don't mind. Valuable information has appeared again and I should add it to my collection," he smiled wickedly.

     Floyd nudged his dorm leader, "You mean your People's weaknesses collection~?" He giggled. Jamil scrunched his face, "It's not a secret anymore if I already showed it to the whole world. In any case, I wouldn't want to hold back like the old times," he announced. "Not even to you, Kalim. I won't hold back against you anymore."

     Kalim nodded, "I promise! I won't lose either!"

Everyone took a rest after a long night of fixing each other's mistakes. The demoness stayed by Yuu's side, his head resting on her lap while her hand is above his head—healing other injuries he may have and she was worried because he hadn't woken up...

     "A black stone... I can smell a black stone here..." She heard Grim's voice from the dark as he entered the lounge. "Found you! Ohh... You're spicy, but you have a yummy aftertaste... I'm full now—"

     "Grim, what are you doing here?" She asked and knelt behind the cat, who jumped because of her presence. "Are you eating another black stone again? Didn't Deuce-san and Ace-san tell you to not eat things from the ground?" She chided.

     "It's a yummy Blackstone! You should try it!"

     "Oh, no. I'm fine without eating those," she declined the offer.

- Southern Seas, Crowley's vacation area -

The demoness walked through the hot sands of the shore—she was wearing a sundress and a hat to achieve the outfit if you're going to the beach. The odd thing about her is that she's holding a bunch of paper works instead of a bag. She managed to teleport where Crowley is using the Dark Mirror she enchanted with a simple spell and she's planning to talk to him...

     "I love vacations..." The Headmaster sighed, sipping his coconut juice. "Indeed, it is. Very peaceful, isn't that right, Headmaster?" She asked, smiling behind him.

     The Headmaster nodded as he slowly turned around, "Yep, it—(Name)?! What are you doing here?!" He yelled in shock, looking at the pile of paperwork in her arms. "What's with that...? Aren't you supposed to be in the Valley of Thorns with Mr. Draconia?! You must be—"

     "I'm afraid I'm not lost, Headmaster. I couldn't ignore the fact you have zero tolerance towards your students and your promise for us to go back to our world," she firmly said and placed her foot on Crowley's chest. "I would gladly bring you to the debt collectors' home again—that way it could bring you back to reality, what do you think of my proposal?" She smiled.

Not until her phone buzzed, making her look at the notification. A Magicam notification was from Kalim and Jamil with the Octavinelle trio, Ramshackle students, and two Heartslabyul students: Ace and Deuce. It was tagged that Ace and Deuce used public transport to the school to save Yuu from Scarabia, making her chuckle at how sweet their dynamic is...

     "I'm glad they're having fun," she said and typed a comment saying Have fun, alright? I wish I could be with you guys. She reacted with a heart and placed her phone back on her skirt, "Now, Headmaster, I would like you to finish this paperwork before the holidays end, alright?" She said and placed the pile of paperwork on his lap.

     "But, (Name)—"

     She smiled wickedly, "Oh? Are you defying me, Headmaster? I could replace you as the Headmaster since I'm doing a better job than you," she threatened, raising his chin to look at her. "I could ask the Chairman to remove you from being the Head Teacher of Night Raven College. You wouldn't want that, yes?"

     "EH?!"

     "I would like you to research the way for us to come back to our world as well," she added, putting more pressure on her foot to frighten Crowley. "I hope you didn't forget about the feast you promised for Yuu-san and Grim-san," she smiled.

In the end, Crowley agreed and returned to his villa to get his suitcases. Barbatos never fails to put someone in their rightful place, right?

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

(バルバトス)