Chapter 9*

At about 8pm Harry arrived to Daisy's house. He tossed a couple of rocks at her window and she met him downstairs with her knapsack. When Harry saw her he leaned in and cupped her face to bring her lips to his. He couldn't help the excitement he felt seeing her again and having her for another night. He also hadn't been to his home in some time and needed a change of clothes once and for all. Though, during the time he'd spent at the Archer House, Connie had made sure his clothes were washed for him.

Daisy kissed Harry back with a smile she couldn't suppress. She grasped at his shoulders to steady herself and Harry chuckled. "Let's get going. We have a lot to catch up on, don't we, kitten?"

Daisy shoved his shoulder in jest and they began the short trek to Harry's. On the way, Daisy told Harry about Connie and everything that had happened. Harry said that Connie did not approach him and he didn't see her all day, which relieved Daisy as they hadn't been able to meet to get their new story straight. But they both expressed concern due to Connie's nosey disposition. They already realized they couldn't sneak around or been seen together at the Archer House. It would be too risky. But now knowing that Connie had been watching closer than they realized, it was clear there was no leeway for their interactions anymore.

When they'd finally arrived at Harry's place the set up was very similar to Daisy's with a few differences. The sitting room, kitchen, and bathroom were on the first floor where a large stove was lit to warm the home, the second floor had two bedrooms (one of which was Harry's) and the third floor had two bedrooms as well. One of Harry's roommates was in the kitchen with a cup of tea when they arrived. Harry introduced Daisy to Mitchell and told him she'd be coming around on occasion. Mitchell stood from his chair, abandoning his steaming cup of tea, and made his way to Daisy, where he lifted her hand and kissed at her knuckles, "A delight to meet you ma'am."

Harry then brought Daisy up to his room and she was jealous of the large window he had overlooking the street side with a view of a council house building and some trees. His curtains were a cream color and he also had electricity in his room. He had an armoire, a full-sized bed (Daisy was very pleased to see that his bed had more space than hers), two bedside tables with a lamp on one, and on the other a book, a brown glass pot with some kind of substance (hair pomade she'd come to find out later), and spectacles (which she hadn't expected). He had a large wooden dresser with a hand mirror atop, a brush, some random items that didn't seem of too much value and a figurine of an angel holding a bible. In the corner of the room nearest his door was a coat rack with two hats hung off the top and a longer overcoat draped to the side. Next to the coat rack was a pair of black dress shoes. He had a few framed paintings on his walls; one was a large still life of fruit and flowers, and two smaller paintings of landscapes. His room was plain with white walls but clean and the large window was lovely and brought the whole room together.

Harry took Daisy's knapsack and placed in on top of his dresser and the grabbed at her wrist and pulled her into his arms. He draped his arms around her waste and kissed her cheek then spoke lowly into her ear, "Do you need anything? Are you hungry or thirsty?" He kissed at her lobe and then brought his lips down over her neck and Daisy rolled her eyes back into her head. His mouth on her body was divine. It was like nothing she'd ever experienced.

Daisy shook her head, "I need nothing other than you at this moment, Harry." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and leaned her neck further to the side to give him more access. Harry brought his large hands over her torso and squeezed her middle before lifting his head to finally bring his lips to hers. Daisy, once again smelled so clean and felt so soft. He couldn't wait to get her dress off. He lowered his hands to over her bottom and pulled her into his body so there wasn't a space between them as he continued to assault her mouth with his. Daisy moaned at his rough manhandling of her body and felt herself flush pink and hot.