Chapter 10

The next few weeks for Daisy and Harry were blissful and everything they could ever want. They spent each night with one another, either at Harry's or Daisy's. They favored being at Harry's because his bed was larger but Daisy loved being able to get home and stay home and then just have Harry come up. They made their unusual schedules work, though and every night, Harry came to her and they made love through the night, and each morning before parting.

Things at the Archer House were picking up. Planting season was in full swing and Connie hadn't bothered either Daisy or Harry. Johnathan had spoke to Daisy a handful of times and she could tell he was sweet on her but she no longer felt anything for him; her heart belonged to Harry. It was hard seeing Harry working when she couldn't walk up to him and rub his shoulders or kiss his cheek. Harry missed Daisy during the day. He desperately wished he could talk to her, touch her, kiss her. But it was for the best for them both to keep their relationship under wraps.

It was Monday afternoon and Daisy was about to get off work. Tonight would be the first night they wouldn't be able to spend with one another and Daisy was off work tomorrow. Harry would be staying late at the Archer House and would need to be in tomorrow very early due to their intense schedule so it wouldn't work out that they could be together for the night. But only one night. However, Harry was getting nervous about Daisy being off the following day. He would have no way to speak to her or hear from her until Tuesday evening. He was feeling insecure and down, while Daisy was feeling a little excited to be able to see her friend and go out to the bar. She hadn't gone with her friend since she'd started seeing Harry and she could use a night to go out drink. But she wouldn't be talking to any men. She also hadn't had the chance to tell Harry where she was going - to the dirty old Grunthan's bar. She'd let him know the following night when they'd planned on seeing one another.

She left a little note for him in the tissue box at the bottom.

I love you. See you tomorrow evening. xoxo

It was simple but effective and Harry was going to check for a note when she'd gone.

When Daisy left the gates of the Archer House she went home and completed her routine of dressing into something comfortable and buttoning up all the way as she wasn't going to be looking for a man tonight as she was fully pleased and happy with what she had. She then made her way to the bar where she spotted Ophie with a glass of wine and already talking to a man at the bar.

Daisy hugged Ophie from behind and sat next to her friend as she took the glass and brought it to her lips.

The girls laughed and danced and drank the night away. She saw a man from the past but shot him down effectively. Ophie left with someone she had been flirting with all night. It was a great night and so wonderful to see Ophie after what seemed such a long time.

As Daisy was making her way to leave the bar, Harry was standing outside of her house throwing rocks at her window to no avail. Where could Daisy be? He knew they had planned to see one another tomorrow evening but he just couldn't wait. He missed his love and he at least wanted to give her a kiss before heading back to his home. He threw one last rock and shook his head. Her lights were off. She didn't appear to be home. Why wasn't she home? He was worried and felt nauseated that something could have happened to her on her way home from work. It was nearly 2 in the morning. Something was wrong. Harry was beside himself. He decided then to knock on their front door even though she told him never to do it. It could get her kicked out or in trouble but he needed to know where she was - if she was okay.

Daisy enjoyed the slow walk home. The wind in her hair. She was drunk and feeling a little woozy but mostly happy. She was excited to get to her bed and dream of Harry, her love.