Two

[𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢]

Rays of sunlight streamed through Bailey's curtains, gently nudging her awake as dawn painted the sky in hues of pink and gold. Excitement bubbled within her as she eagerly planned her day ahead. With a spring in her step, she embarked on a mission to explore a selection of stores, each offering a unique array of office decorations. Bailey envisioned transforming her workspace at Hendrick Motorsports into a sanctuary that reflected her personality and style.

After browsing through shelves adorned with trinkets and wall hangings, Bailey found herself at the final store, carefully selecting the perfect finishing touches. Her phone buzzed with a message alert as she reached for an intricately designed desk organizer. Curious, she glanced at the screen to see a text from Avery, sparking her intrigue.

Bailey beamed, glad to have finally found a friend after feeling like a lone wolf for so long

Bailey beamed, glad to have finally found a friend after feeling like a lone wolf for so long. She tucked her phone back into her purse and wrapped up her shopping adventure at the store. Twenty minutes later, she pulled into the Hendrick Motorsports employee parking lot, juggling bags like a pro as she made her way to her office.

For the next two hours, Bailey threw herself into the task of decorating her office, determined to turn it into a haven where people would flock, whether for a chat or a business rendezvous.

"Voila!" Bailey declared triumphantly, sinking into her office chair, and surveying her handiwork.

"Looks mighty fine in here," a drawling southern voice remarked, causing Bailey to jump so fiercely she bashed her knee on the desk.

"Ouch!" she yelped, rubbing her knee vigorously, hoping to quell the throbbing pain.

"You alright there?" the voice inquired, concern evident.

Bailey nodded, eyes darting to the doorway where the driver of the Hendrick 9 Team, Chase Elliott, stood.

"I'll live, though I reckon I'll sport a lovely bruise by sundown," Bailey quipped, chuckling despite the discomfort.

"Glad to hear it. Nice to finally meet you, Bailey," Chase said, extending his hand.

Bailey rose, shaking his hand. "Likewise, Chase. Take a seat," she offered.

Chase settled into a chair across from her, a friendly grin lighting up his features. "What brings you by today?"

"Just some routine race prep. Mr. H and Alan mentioned you were here, thought I'd swing by and say howdy," Chase explained.

"Well, I'm honored you stopped in. I'd have dressed a tad sharper if I'd known I'd be meeting you so soon after our intro yesterday," Bailey admitted, eyeing her outfit with a hint of regret.