Eleven

"Shouldn't you know the answer to that? You are my PR girl," Chase quipped, a playful glint in his eyes.

Bailey chuckled, a hint of self-awareness in her tone. "Touché!" she conceded. "I was actually thinking of inviting you over to my apartment sometime this week. Just hang out and have dinner?"

Chase paused for a moment, considering his response. Bailey's heart skipped a beat at his silence, her nerves beginning to prickle.

But before she could backtrack, Chase spoke up, his voice warm and reassuring. "Forget I said anything," she began, turning to leave the hauler.

But Chase caught up to her, his tone earnest. "No, I'd love to come over," he assured her. "I was just stunned; I didn't expect you to ask me over. That's all."

Bailey let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding, a smile tugging at her lips. "Ok, do you want to come over for dinner on Tuesday?" she offered, hoping he'd accept.

Chase raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in his eyes. "Is dinner at 5?" he teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

Bailey chuckled, rolling her eyes affectionately. "I was thinking dinner could be around 6/6:30; you could just come over around 5," she clarified.

"It's a date then," Chase declared with a grin, his eyes twinkling. "I'll see you then."

Bailey returned his smile, her heart lighter. "I'll see you then," she echoed, feeling a flutter of excitement in her chest.

~~~

Bailey had just returned to her cozy apartment, laden with grocery bags, when the familiar chime of a text message echoed through the room. 

With a sigh of relief, she placed her groceries on the kitchen island, grateful for the respite from lugging them around, and reached for her phone tucked away in her purse.

Bailey carefully arranged the groceries on the counter, mentally sorting through her options for Tuesday's dinner with Chase

Bailey carefully arranged the groceries on the counter, mentally sorting through her options for Tuesday's dinner with Chase. As she unpacked the items, she mulled over the classic spaghetti recipe.