Twenty Three

The sun rose over Pocono Raceway, casting a golden glow across the sprawling track as Sunday dawned, marking the second half of the doubleheader weekend. For Bailey, it was another day filled with the electrifying buzz of NASCAR racing.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of pit road, whispers circulated among NASCAR officials about the possibility of another doubleheader at Pocono next year—a prospect that filled Bailey with excitement and anticipation.

With the cars lined up on pit road and the teams gathered around, there was a sense of eager anticipation in the air. Though the race had yet to begin in earnest, there was a palpable energy coursing through the paddock.

Bailey seized the opportunity to capture the moment, snapping photos of her team and the other Hendrick Motorsports crews as they prepared for the day's events. With her camera in hand, she moved gracefully among the bustling activity, pausing to capture candid moments and snapshots of camaraderie.

As she made her way back to her team, Bailey spotted Alan and Chase engaged in a discussion about race strategy. With a keen eye and steady hand, she captured the scene, immortalizing the moment with a single click of her camera.

Returning to her spot on pit road, Bailey swiftly uploaded the photo to her Instagram page, accompanied by a poignant quote she had overheard during Chase and Alan's conversation. It was a snapshot of the camaraderie and teamwork that defined life in the fast lane of NASCAR.

"Alan, since when do you have Instagram?" Nick quizzed, peering at the exchange on Bailey's Instagram post

"Alan, since when do you have Instagram?" Nick quizzed, peering at the exchange on Bailey's Instagram post. "I didn't think you knew how to use Instagram."

"I'm not that ancient, guys," Alan retorted, a playful glint in his eye. "I can navigate Instagram just fine; I just choose not to spend all my time on it, unlike some people on this team."

The team chuckled at Alan's comeback, enjoying the banter. As the laughter subsided, Chase sidled up to Bailey, slinging his arm around her shoulder. He joined Alan in discussing the day's plan, the camaraderie of the team evident in their easy rapport.

~~~

[Short skip to during the race]

As Chase's car jostled against the No. 34 on the track, he swiftly keyed his radio, his voice calm but tinged with concern. "I was shoving that 34, and he got kind of out of whack. My bad if I got him in the fence there," he acknowledged, his words echoing over the team's communication channel. "I wasn't sure if he hit it or not."

Alan's reassuring voice crackled back. "I don't think you had anything to do with it."

Bailey's response was quick, her tone reflecting a mix of empathy and caution. "Wouldn't be surprised if the 34 makes ur life hell for the next few weeks. I agree h most likely had nothing to do with the 34 crashing and being done for the day, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're blaming us and planning on making our lives hell."