𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5

"No way..."

Jungkook seemed very much taken aback by the news the prince shared.

"It is... Unfortunately, we have been very prejudiced from the beginning."

Jungkook seemed like he could not believe anything.

"What about the mark? I know you saw it, hyung. The mark on Jinnie's neck."

"Kook... when a parent takes in a child, not of their blood, sure, the child could be raised as a brother or sister, but it can never be family, and their wolf feels that separation."

"So the bite..."

"The bite must serve an intention. Mates bite each other when they're mating, because that's the intention. Mate, and be together forever, romantically. But this bite is of an alpha, accepting an unwanted omega to be his son. It's to mark him as family, because the child has no scent of the family."

"Oh my god..."

"Indeed. The king wanted to protect Jinnie, so his mark and scent are now on the omega, and no one gets to touch him."

"There should be a difference, no? We should be able to tell if they were mates or family..."

Namjoon hummed. "My guess is that Jinnie's taking suppressants. His presentation has been forced, so his heat must be a little abnormal. The suppressants hold his own off, and the scent that we take in is when the king scented him every day. For protection."

"Then there was no need to bite."

"But what if Jinnie gets in trouble? His own fear would make his body produce more pheromones to self-soothe, and that's when the king's scent, paternal scent, comes out."

"That... makes sense..."

"Indeed. Not to mention, the king is- was Jinnie's supposed alpha. Who knows what his... caretakers told him, about this, and probably even conditioned him and his omega to think that if they get their heats, it's only the king who can sate him."

"So the king is also on suppressants?"

"Maybe? If Jinnie's taking it, then there is no reason for the king to take it. Although, maybe, he's taking specific suppressants, like the ones that hold off a certain scent, or to just prevent his ruts from happening. Who knows?"

"That's just... wow..." Jungkook dropped onto his seat. "That's a lot to take in."

"It is. I could not sleep the past few nights. My mind was racing."

"You have been looking a little tired."

Namjoon chuckled. Their things have already been packed after an early breakfast. The prince really wanted to hurry home so he could relate his findings to his father.