𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 17

The trio have now moved to another location.

This shop sold all sorts of furniture and decorative pieces. Some seemed high-class and fashionable, while some seemed more traditional and minimal.

Joon was captivated by a decorative piece, consisting of two vases and a statue in between.

They were in a rich brown colour, varnished to shine under the lights.

Namjoon stared at the statue, in quiet awe as he took in the finely carved details.

"You like it?"

"I..."

Namjoon briefly glanced at Yoongi who was carrying Jinnie, perhaps to keep the young one from running and breaking things.

"Um... it is lovely. The details on this statue are just... and the way they match the patterns of the vase? Like- look. The jewellery carved here, and the designs here..."

Namjoon went on a spiel as he pointed out this and that, stating his opinions as well as his awe of its beauty.

Yoongi was looking at him in that way again, which got him to lose track of what he was talking about in the first place. He gaped like a fish, willing himself to not do anything stupid.

"Hyung," he whined this time, "please."

Yoongi frowned, looking confused. Namjoon doesn't know if this was an act or not.

"What? I didn't do anything?"

"Yeah but you were... you were looking at me-"

"Can't I look at you? You were talking, so I looked and-"

"You know that's not what I meant. You're looking at me like- like that and-"

Yoongi looked even more confused. Maybe he might not be pretending at all.

"N-Nevermind. Forget it."

"Namjoon. Just te-"

"Your Majesty! And Your Highness!"

Namjoon froze, thinking he meant him, but the man who walked out was looking at the father and son next to him. He adjusted his cloak a little, trying to get his breathing even.

Jinnie waved enthusiastically as the middle-aged man came forward with open arms.

"Yong-ssi."

Namjoon took in the man. He wore very simple clothing and had dust on his pants.

"Sorry it took a while, Your Majesty," the man, Yong, bowed. "New stock of wood had just arrived!"

"Got too excited?"