𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

War was... here.

To be honest, Namjoon has only ever lived the aftermath of it. He had tucked himself away into the castle, trying to make sense of his new destiny then, and his father was concerned enough to not let the effects of the previous wars reach his kingdom.

It must have been hard for his father, he has realized again, because, after his son's death, he immediately went back to work. Namjoon was soon roped into learning everything about ruling Ganghim, and he felt like even though he had at least the time to grieve, everything after that was just... it was as if he were just pulled along, not enough time to let the idea of him being the next heir sink in.

He had caught up to all his lessons and by then, he has fully become aware of what he had to do. The minister felt like he wasn't all that ready in becoming a ruler, even though he had the brains and the knowledge. It was his lack of enthusiasm for wanting to rule, and the absence of his beloved hyung that held him back from having a strong want and responsibility to rule a kingdom.

Namjoon was definitely aware of it, he has heard people talking behind his back to confirm it even, but he cannot do anything about it. He has forced himself to do everything, pushed himself at training, and stayed up till late at night to learn from old records, just to prove to them he could do it and was not a failure or his hyung's shadow.

But he had been lying to himself then. He thought the feelings would soon come, and would make him want to rule a beautiful kingdom such as Ganghim, but he was wrong. He was only more pressured, frustrated, and felt like a failure.

This was one of his tests. Going to Geomba to meet King Min Yoongi, observe him, learn about his kingdom and his ways of ruling, and find any sort of wrongdoing to prove to everyone and himself that he was capable of understanding how great of a king he was going to be...

It backfired obviously.

Perhaps in a good way. Perhaps not.

Yoongi joined the forces. Jungkook joined as well. Yoongi made Namjoon and Hoseok stay back to brainstorm and strategise.

Namjoon did not like it. He wasn't going to let Yoongi go fight some stupid war. The fact that Jungkook joined Yoongi made him feel both reassured and frightened. He hated to admit it, but that was what he felt.

What he was quite glad about was the fact that the majority of this fight scene would take place a little far away from the kingdom. Hoseok had shown him a map and outlined the Geomba territory, which gave Namjoon an idea.

He had fake camps set up around the perimeter, not obviously, of course, but enough for some spies to lead most of the troops of Ganghim in that direction.