≻◦ 𝔅𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰 ◦≺

⪦ Part 1 ⪧

"I shall be frank, Your Highness. You should not take it."

Namjoon just blinked. "Why not?"

Suho finished arranging his scrolls on the shelves. He sat back down at his place, staying quiet as a servant served them tea. Once the staff left, he continued.

"It is best that you do not induce your rut. For your health, and also for your relationship."

"But... alright. There must be reasons."

"There are," Suho raised his brows. "When His Majesty's rut got triggered a year ago, it induced your own rut. Though it was a pseudo-rut, it was enough to throw off your rut schedule."

He was right. After that moment, Namjoon's rut schedule was a little wonky.

"It means your rut is slowly syncing with His Majesty's. The problem is, at that time, he was on suppressants, so it was hard for your wolves to sync together."

"But then, Yoongi got off his suppressants."

"Yes. Now that they are naturally syncing, it is best we just leave it. Inducing your rut with a potion can throw you off the balance again. Not to mention, both you and His Majesty are alphas, quite strong ones at that. It is best to just let nature be."

"Are there... risks... if both alphas are in rut at the same time?"

"Yes. But only if they are unmated. The risks are high."

Namjoon sighed.

"Or, well, it is what I know so far."

Namjoon looked at him questioningly.

Suho scratched his cheek, thinking of a way to explain it to Namjoon.

"We... have not much knowledge on how same-sex couples are. We can only theorise, but honestly, they vary depending on the wolves."

"Vary in what way?"

"Dynamics."

Namjoon is aware of the dynamics among wolves. But perhaps the knowledge he has is just old and perhaps stereotypical.

"Dynamics are obvious when people involved are of different genders and sub-genders. Nowadays, we are growing out of those stereotypical dynamics. So there is a difference we can attune to. But when it comes to same-genders or same-sub genders, the dynamics are also very different."

"How so?"

"Well, now, there are some omegas, and betas, who are able to dominate alphas. What does that mean for the alphas? Does it mean they are weak? Or do they just have a preference? Or is it their own way of showing their devotion? Who knows!"