𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9

Namjoon watched Jinnie feed the tortoises with Jungkook.

He and Jinnie had gone for a walk, but then decided to take a break because his sides were hurting. Plus his head was aching as well.

They managed to get to the pond, and he then noticed Jungkook and Hoseok sitting together on the steps of the gazebo. Jungkook had been leaning on the elder beta, while the latter was carefully stroking his arm.

Namjoon wanted to leave them alone, just to give them privacy, but he was aching and wanted to rest, plus Jinnie was quite loud exclaiming his presence.

It made both betas jump, and Hoseok quickly held Jungkook because the younger flinched at the pain.

Jungkook was still on the steps of the gazebo, but he had shuffled closer to the pond. Jinnie was entertaining him excitedly after asking all sorts of questions.

Hoseok smiled at that, and Namjoon apologized for ruining their date.

The beta blushed.

"Aish Namjoon-ssi... its okay... Jungkook was going to meet you anyway."

Namjoon turned to the wheelchair next to the gazebo, before turning back to Hoseok.

"Hoseok-ssi... may I ask how old are you now?"

Hoseok hummed. "I'm 25. Just turned last winter."

"Wait-" Namjoon jerked, "You're 25?"

"Yes?"

"I will turn 25 in early autumn."

Hoseok blinked at him. And let out a huge gasp.

"We are the same age?!" The beta exclaimed. "I for sure thought Your Hi- I mean, I thought you would be the same age as the king...?"

Namjoon pouted. "Do I really look that old?"

Hoseok freaked out at that, shaking his head.

"I mean- its just- you seemed so... wise and mature. I have heard tales of you, being such a bright child, who advanced in his curriculum much faster than anyone, any royal at least. But I was not so sure of your age. What I do know is that you aren't older than the king."

"That's true... he is older to me- us, by a year. He was born in spring... if I'm not mistaken."

"That's true. It was about two months ago."

"I see..."

The two's attention was soon captured by something black moving towards Hoseok. Slowly.

It was the tortoise.

More specifically, Hoseok's tortoise.

"Yah- what are you doing here?"

The tortoise just snapped at him, beady eyes staring up at the beta.