𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10

"Farewell, prince."

Namjoon felt his knees buckle as he collapsed, pushing himself backwards until his back hit the wall behind him.

He watched the assassin step forward, almost the whole body covered except for his eyes and hair.

He watched how the knife glinted in the moonlight as it was raised.

And for a moment, he thought it was better, that it was him who was getting killed, assassinated, and not Alpha Yoo-

Another flash of silver, and the assassin stumbled with a wet choke.

Namjoon froze when he saw the sudden silver blade protruding from the man's chest, something wet splattering across his face.

And the scent.

It was...

The assassin let out a garbled, wet sound, before dropping onto his knees. And the person behind the blade was soon revealed.

Namjoon paid zero attention to the assassin, who just slumped into his position.

Instead, his eyes were fully focused on the king, regal and powerful under the moonlight. In his sleepwear.

The sword was clutched in his hand tight, there was blood on both of them, and the elder alpha looked...

He looked livid.

Namjoon gulped at the glowing red eyes, totally mesmerised by how they shone in the moonlight as the king looked at him. And only him.

The alpha king growled, which made Namjoon press against the wall closer, not out of fear, however.

He wasn't nervous anymore, he realised. His fear and anxiety and the unsafe feelings he felt were all gone as he relaxed against the wall.

But his body tightened up again when the alpha king snarled and kicked the dead body off to the side, before getting on his knees before him.

Namjoon felt his mouth suddenly dry, and licked his lips as the elder alpha stalked forward, eyes glowing red and unblinking.

Namjoon felt like prey.

He swallowed again when the alpha got closer. He could feel his heart thumping wildly in his chest, his stomach fluttering, and the scent of whiskey tasting so delicious as he sat there.

He let out a shaky exhale.

The king was now right in front of him, their noses almost touching. His head tilted, taking in a huge whiff, making Namjoon clench his jaws as his body stayed still.

The elder alpha grazed his nose, so gently, Namjoon would have mistaken it for a small breeze.

It was only a small, feather-like touch at first.